Government Client -
The Courts Administration Services (CAS) has intended for the Business Solutions group to migrate its databases from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g for a number of years. Unfortunately, due to the pressures of daily support and projects from the various courts CAS supports, this project was set aside. CAS is now ready to dedicate some resources to this project. To assist with the tasks required, professional services from an expert Database Administrator is required.
Based on the information above, current Oracle 10g databases need to be migrated to new environments and a new structure. Current systems employed for the daily support of the courts must be re-configured to access the migrated data. These migrations will need to be done seamlessly so as to avoid disruption to the courts business. A Database Administrator is required to perform the tasks associated with the migration of the data from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
- Develop testing strategy and testing scripts.
- Document testing approach, objectives, and results.
- Test migration results using courts applications.
- Test changes to the applications affected by the migration (ASP, CMS PMSystem).
- Ensure the applications can access the data stored in Oracle 11g.
- Verify each deployment to ensure data integrity.
- Work with clients to ensure testing tasks are performed properly and within the approved timelines.
1. Minimum 3 yrs recent** experience testing applications.
2. Minimum 3 yrs recent** experience as a tester.
3. Recent** experience testing the migration of data from various database platforms.
4. Recent** experience writing test cases using a CASE Tool such as Case Complete or Enterprise Architect.
5. Recent** experience with the Government of Canada Information Systems environment.
6. Recent** experience using a formal software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology.
** Recent experience is understood to mean the experience acquired within the last ten (10) years.