Makino, Inc

Makino, Inc Employee Reviews

it was a very clean place to work
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  mason ohSeptember 17, 2015
this job was nice for the most part. I had good pay and benefits after being there for a while. the bad part of cleaning up at this place was the fact that some of the male employees thought it was cute and funny to put fecies on the wall that I would have to clean up.
Pros
i was my own boss
Cons
un thoughtful people
Nice Place to Work
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioSeptember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working at Makino. The assignments were challenging but I was given the support I need to accomplish the tasks on time. While there was plenty of travel involved the company had guidelines in place to make it as painless as possible
Pros
Well supported
Cons
Contract only
High pay with long hours and lots of travel
Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  nationwideFebruary 16, 2015
Makino is a great company if you want to make money fast and are single. I was never home for the first year and a half, and was always a long plane ride away from home. Field Service Engineers always end up fixing everybody's mistakes, whether its the client or the main office.
Pros
hardly any supervision
Cons
long hours, travel
Great Company Culture - Team Oriented Company
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHFebruary 3, 2014
I've been at Makino for a year, and I love it. Everyone is willing to coach you to make sure you understand the process so you can complete tasks on your own. The company is focused on continuous improvement and invests in ongoing training and personal performance plans. My favorite thing about Makino is the involvement in giving back to the community through their volunteer program. All in all a great company to work for!
Pros
community involvement, on-site gym, on-site cafeteria, team oriented, friendly co-workers
Makino
Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 18, 2013
A great experiance in the world of Field Engineering. A lot of information is supplied to you at once at a high pace business setting.
Pros
a wide variety of experiance in diffrent industrial settings
Cons
never home
A company that pays well and invests in their employees
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mason, OHJune 6, 2013
I learned many facets of accounting at this job. There were always new things to learn and improve upon. The structure is very hierarchial. The most difficult part was dealing with constantly shifting job responsibilities. The most enjoyable part of this job was the team based atmosphere.
Pros
birthday lunches and socials
Cons
overly competitive atmosphere
Top Management been there over 25 years and are stagnate- in fighting between them all the time; Only Type "A" personality will survive
Management (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OHMarch 2, 2013
Not a good place if you have an alternative. There were some good Managers but the top Tier or Vice Presidents were ego maniacs driven to fight each other instead of working together. Nothing gets accomplished.
Pros
cafeteria onsite; suburban
Cons
horrible work culture
Makino
Controls Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mason, OhioDecember 13, 2012
Nice facility. In house cafeteria. Can't get coffee in the afternoon. 90+ cubicles with low walls in a small area. Hard to concentrate when you can hear so many people. Not many smiling faces. Controls engineering resources minimal.