Our client is a leading North American retailer. Well-established and flourishing, the organization has a performance-oriented, entrepreneurial culture with a strong commitment to its employees, customers, and shareholders. The company enjoys instant recognition and strong customer loyalty. Offering a positive corporate culture, a strong commitment to its employees' career growth and development, and competitive compensation, the organization is an employer of choice.
Reporting to a Vice President, Regional HR, the Regional Director HR - Western Region will provide strategic and operational HR support to the regional operations leadership team. As a true HR business partner to the Regional Vice President, Operations, the HR Director will provide insight regarding the human resources implications and risks of major business decisions. He/she will also bring HR insight and solutions regarding market trends and the competitive landscape to the operations leadership team. Major areas of focus will include:
- Strategic, business-focused HR advisory support to the regional operations executive team.
- Building and maintaining the credibility of the regional HR function as an enabler of the business.
- Talent Management, including succession planning, retention, and recruitment strategy
- Employee Relations, with a focus on providing support to the in-store HR professionals, participating directly in the roll out of programs and as the point of escalation for complex issues.
- Change Management in support of major business initiatives.
- Operational HR support and leadership to over 35 stores.
- Participating in the development and implementation of national HR programs
- Providing leadership, coaching and mentorship to a strong team of HR professionals.
- Labour Relations for the region, with support from the corporate Labour Relations team
The Regional HR Director will be located in either Vancouver BC or Calgary AB. He/she will manage one direct report and will provide functional HR leadership to a team of in-store HR professionals who report on a dotted line basis.
The ideal candidate will bring the following qualifications and experience:
- A track record of progressive generalist HR / OD experience including leadership of teams (A minimum of 8-10 years of HR experience is expected).
- Substantial experience providing HR support to distributed operations and to a mix of professional and casual workforces, in industries such as retail, hospitality, food service, or similar.
- A university degree coupled with an HR designation or diploma is preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen and the ability to identify, assess, and develop solutions to the challenges in the business and competitive landscape.
- Excellent business and consultative skills to establish credibility and rapport with cross-functional peers/superiors and be a ‘trusted advisor”.
- A track record of HR accomplishments that have made a material difference to the success of business operations.
- A history of successful leadership and development of HR team members.
- Experience developing and implementing HR metrics to assess the effectiveness of the HR function.
- Able and willing to travel frequently within Western Canada
- Current entitlement to work and live in Canada
Our client is prepared to offer the successful candidate a competitive compensation package including both a base salary and bonuses, as well as comprehensive medical/dental benefits.
We thank all candidates for their interest and look forward to connecting with qualified applicants.