Position Title: Regional Director, Human Resources - Central Canada
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Reports to: Vice President, Human Resources
Direct Reports: HR Representative
Our client is a leading specialty retailer that operates multiple banners (including a leading online retail business). Operating across Canada, the company employs over 5000 people in more than 200 locations. With a very successful track record of growth, the organization continues to be proactive in an industry that is undergoing dramatic change and increased competition. Our client continues to invest in its iconic brand, and is focused on implementing a transformational strategy that will position the business for sustained growth over the next decade. The company offers a compelling mandate, competitive compensation, a very positive corporate culture, and career growth prospects.
In support of the company’s growth and development, an opportunity exists for a Regional Director, Human Resources to join the organization. Based in Toronto, this HR leader will be responsible to provide business-focused, strategic Human Resources support to operational executives in the Central Canada region. The Regional Director will be responsible for providing expertise and leadership in employee relations, labour relations, HR process implementation and talent management to build capability within the company’s retail operations. The Regional Director will work with executives to anticipate and address the HR implications of business trends, and will partner with field and store management as well as with corporate HR to develop and deliver HR programs. Combining a strategic and hands-on approach, the Regional Director will be a true business partner. The Regional Director will manage 1-2 people.
- A minimum of seven years’ progressive generalist HR/OD experience, including leadership in a distributed HR model in retail, food service, or directly related industries. Experience must feature work with a seasonal workforce, mixed hourly and professional staff, and in businesses with multiple locations.
- A post-secondary degree coupled with an HR designation is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will display a deep HR acumen – ideally including experience in both generalist and specialist HR work.
- This individual must be able to observe patterns in day-to-day HR operations and draw insights from those patterns.
- Excellent business and consultative skills will enable this individual to establish credibility, rapport with cross-functional peers/superiors and be a ‘trusted advisor”.
- He/she must have the ability to coach and accelerate the development of junior HR team members.
- A practical and results-oriented approach will enable this person to succeed in influencing change.
- A lifestyle conducive to travel up to 30 percent of the time is required.
- Bilingualism is required for the Quebec role and would be an asset for the Ontario role.
For further details about this opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence.