Our Scarborough, Ontario client has engaged us in an confidential search to identify a highly skilled Human Resources & Accounting Administrator reporting to the Assistant Manager, HR & Payroll, and the Manager, Accounting. The incumbent will be a bright, motivated individual, who is committed to excellence, attention to detail, possesses strong communication skills and the ability to work simultaneously and under pressure on multiple projects and duties.
- Prepare and process a full cycle semi-monthly payroll for approximately 100 employees
- Process payroll transactions such as new hires, employee transfers, benefit/taxable benefit calculations, garnishments, terminations, and personnel changes
- Ensure that timesheets submitted are calculated correctly
- Prepare year end: including T4/T4A statements, R1 statements, summaries, etc.
- Prepare manual cheques and process payments for Severance and Lieu of Notice, ensuring accurate calculation of source deductions and benefits for each province
- Review ADP billing on pay period basis and maintain cost
- Running Pension/RRSP report, reconciling to Payroll Register, and submitting contributions on a pay period basis
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy for all payroll related remittances and year end reconciling (including WCB for applicable provinces and Provincial Health Plans)
- Downloading GL file from ADP, convert to excel, modify/format, and send to Accounting
- Remain current on Provincial and Federal regulations and laws pertaining to employment
- Prepare and maintain related payroll records and employee files
- Manage and maintain the Attendance Tracking Process
- Work with the Attendance Coordinators to ensure that all employees attendance is being recorded
- Entering Attendance data into People @ Work
- Responsible for vacation reconciliation process and annual entitlement letters
- Assist with the recruiting process - creating and maintaining a filing system for all resumes by job categories including resumes received through our website or dropped off at reception
- Prepare new hire orientation packages
- Create, update, maintain, and distribute internal non-management/management reports
- Respond to inquiries relating to benefits and policies
- Benefit and Pension administration
- Pension Audit – prepare audit documentation and AIR Reporting
- Process cheques for deposit, post cheques to vendor accounts, prepare and make bank deposit
- Provide backup in Accounting where/when needed
- Preparation of T4A statements and T2200
- Knowledge of ADP Pay at Work and People at Work system.
- Minimum of 3 years of full cycle payroll experience.
- This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects.
- Strong knowledge of payroll processing and some accounting skill.
- Detailed oriented-ability to identify errors and analyze root causes.
- Intermediate or advanced user of MS Excel and Word with ability to adapt to new applications.
- Excellent communication skills, professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with employees at all levels and confidential information.
- Post-secondary education, ideally a college diploma in Payroll and or Accounting.
- Canadian Payroll Association - PCP certification and /or knowledge of SAP is an asset.
For serious enquires please send your resume and salary expectations to the address provided. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in the position.
Indeed - 14 months ago