MMP Services Inc. is a facilities maintenance renovation and janitorial company with a successful history of projects throughout Western Canada. Our experience has been one of steady growth and we are currently positioned for significant growth in the immediate future.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, intelligent and flexible professional to fill the role of Service Manager, working out of our downtown Vancouver head office. This is a hands-on role best suited for a strong and confident leader, possessive of a high degree of integrity and good judgment.
The successful candidate will join a small and diverse group of driven, intelligent and loyal people who are focused on success and growing the business. An energetic, collaborative and team-oriented attitude is essential to working with this team.
The Service Manager will be responsible for performing service duties, supervising and coordinating activities of our field staff to insure that all client service calls and small projects are completed on time, on budget and to our client’s satisfaction.
This role requires a high degree of professional integrity and conduct in the best interests of MMP. Strong leadership, good judgment, confidence, initiative and flexibility are all key attributes for success in this position.
Activities and Responsibilities:
- Act as team leader, coach, motivator and facilitator with the team to ensure that project milestones, allocated budgets, workmanship and aesthetic concerns are met or exceeded
- Manage client relationship taking responsibility for communication, problem resolution and maintaining an environment where critical issues can be dealt with in a positive manner that results in positive, long-term client relationships
- Profitably procure and manage sub-trades and suppliers that meet or exceed client needs and provide service beyond expectation
- Manage all service calls
- Manage small to mid-size construction and maintenance projects from start to end
- Supervise all employees in the Service Department
- Schedule and coordinate all field resources and fleet management
- Monitor, forecast and report on project progress with respect to project objectives
- Oversee all project related processes including invoicing and work order tracking ensuring the prompt and efficient flow of paperwork
Position Reports To:
- Vice President, Maintain My Place Services Inc.
- Desire to join a dynamic, hard-working team and to take an active role in the success of this growing organization
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Service Manager or similar position with knowledge in one or more discipline of construction, project management or maintenance
- Strong understanding of the technical foundation of various building types, traditional sub-contractor work scopes, construction systems and methods, construction specifications, construction practices and contract types, scheduling methods, and forecasting techniques
- Demonstrated skills as a team leader, coach, motivator, facilitator, people developer, consensus builder and problem-solver
- Proficiency with computer programs such as MS Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word)
- Demonstrated capability in developing and maintaining effective client relationships and communications to ensure client satisfaction
- An awareness of “big picture” activities to effectively establish priorities particularly in regards to manpower availability
- Highly organized with outstanding time-management skills
- Have a valid class 5 or 7 driver’s licence
MMP provides a flexible and stimulating work environment with abundant opportunities for personal growth. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
All resumes will be kept confidential. Please accept our sincere thanks for your interest in joining the team at MMP Services Inc.
Indeed - 5 months ago