Resident Manager Career Opportunity
Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management and Property Development firm in Western Canada. The Mainstreet brand delivers consistent quality and value for tenants, and an attractive growth opportunity for investors.
At Mainstreet, we truly value our employees and mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! We are always seeking talented candidates who are customer focused and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
Reporting to the Regional Director in Calgary, the Resident Manager is responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned location(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily collection and deposits of rental payments
- Generate new business, set up appointments and conduct unit showings with prospective tenants
- Must be flexible to answer current and/or prospective tenant inquiries on scheduled work days (9:00am to 9:00pm)
- Arrange move-out inspections and prepare move-out reports
- Post daily rental ads to attract new tenants
- Understand company policies and legislative requirements and ensures that they are adhered to when dealing with customers
- Assist and support other Resident Managers as required
- Must be proficient with various computer software programs (i.e. Outlook, Word)
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage tenant maintenance requests including proper follow up to ensure satisfaction and completion
- Schedule all cleaning and repair of turnover suites
- Daily maintenance of grounds
- Receive supplies and sending paperwork to the head office
- Daily inspection of buildings and vacant suites to report on any deficiencies and maintenance requests
- Attend training and meeting with head office work with utility companies, phone companies and contractors for entering the properties for their work
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior Property Management experience is an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and building systems
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
Mainstreet offers an exciting, fast-paced environment with a culture that is open and flexible. We offer excellent salary, monthly bonuses, car allowance, company benefits and opportunities for advancement and rental incentives.
If you meet or exceed our qualifications please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume quoting “Resident Manager Calgary” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.