Senior Property Manager - Edmonton, AB
We are an established Property Management firm with a portfolio which stretches from Ontario to British Columbia. Currently we are seeking a successful Property Manager who is dynamic, creative and will embrace challenges.
Under the direction of the Vice President of Operations, the Senior Property Manager will be responsible for managing the residential operations for one of our portfolios in Edmonton. The incumbent will also be responsible for the supervision of building superintendents, maintenance staff, and office personnel; ensuring day-to-day operations are on schedule and within prescribed budgets. A fundamental requirement of the position is to manage an annual operating and capital budget while maintaining a high level of resident satisfaction, in accordance with policies and guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be available from 8 am to 5 pm daily as well as on call
- Responsible for maximizing the profits by managing NOI and CAPEX budget in their portfolio
- Hire, train, and supervise team members in accordance with company mandates, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate, delegate, direct, and/or guide staff in the performance of their respective day-to-day responsibilities
- Performs annual performance evaluations with staff
- Ensure that their investment portfolio is operating safely and efficiently. Some tasks include, but are not limited to, ensuring the respective building or portfolio has security, is well maintained, is clean, and provides the necessary infrastructure required for the operation of all services and facilities within the complex
- Advertise residential vacancies to attract prospective tenants
- Ensure that all tenants have accurately completed the required lease documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure the timely collection and deposit of monthly rent payments
- Ensure proper legal action is taken against any delinquent tenants. Represent the company at tribunals
- Ensure tenants are in compliance with the terms and conditions of their respective Lease Agreement
- Enforce the provisions of the Lease Agreement to the full extent possible under relevant legislation
- Ensure that accurate, timely, and complete documentation is maintained for all matters posing a risk, liability, lawsuit, potential lawsuit, and/or benefit to the company
- Analyze monthly financial statements
- Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have 5+ years of senior management experience in the residential property management industry, managing a portfolio of at least 600 units
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time management, and listening skills
- Must have proven supervisory skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have working knowledge of the Alberta Residential Tenancies Act
- Must have working knowledge of building construction, HVAC, fire, safety, and mechanical systems and the respective by-laws and/or regulations governing the installation, operation, and/or maintenance of all equipment and leasehold improvements
- Must be able to work effectively in high stress situations
- Must be able to adapt and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Must be highly proficient with computers and computer related software, specifically: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Property management software experience an asset
- Must be available to be on-call (excluding vacation), in order to direct and/or manage incidents, emergencies, and/or operations as required
- Must be able to work well both independently and as a team player
- Must be driven to meet predetermined targets by prescribed deadlines
- You possess a keen ability to recognize problems, and create an effective course of action to solve the issue
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- You display a professional and positive company image
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Senior Property Manager-Edmonton” in the subject line. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 10 months ago
Mainstreet Equity Corp is a leading-edge company with a growing portfolio of over 6000 + units across Canada. Our people are vital to our...