Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Vice President, Operations, the Regional Manager Trainee is responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned location(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be available from 8 am to 5 pm daily as well as 24 hours during Emergency situations
- Responsible for maximizing the profits by managing NOI and CAPEX budget in their portfolio
- Hire, train, and supervise personnel in accordance with company mandates, policies, and procedures
- Coordinate, delegate, direct, and/or guide staff in the performance of their respective day-to-day responsibilities
- Performs annual performance evaluations with staff
- Ensure that their investment portfolio is operating safely and efficiently. Some tasks may include, but are not limited to, ensuring the respective building or portfolio has security, is well maintained, is clean, and provides the necessary infrastructure required for the operation of all services and facilities within the complex
- Advertise residential vacancies to attract prospective tenants
- Ensure that all tenants have accurately completed the required lease documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure the timely collection and deposit of monthly rent payments
- Ensure proper legal action is taken against any delinquent tenants. Represent Mainstreet at tribunals
- Ensure tenants are in compliance with the terms and conditions of their respective Lease Agreement
- Enforce the provisions of the Lease Agreement to the full extent possible under relevant legislation
- Ensure that accurate, timely, and complete documentation is maintained for all matters posing a risk, liability, lawsuit, potential lawsuit, and/or benefit to the company
- Analyze monthly financial statements
- Other responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Requirements
- Must have 5+ years of senior management experience in the residential property management industry
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have excellent communication (written & verbal), organizational, time management, and listening skills
- Must have working knowledge of the Alberta Residential Tenancies Act
- Must have working knowledge of all relevant labor and human rights legislation governing the hiring, supervision, and dismissal of employees
- Must have working knowledge of building construction, HVAC, fire, safety, and mechanical systems and the respective by-laws and/or regulations governing the installation, operation, and/or maintenance of all equipment and leasehold improvements
- Must be able to work effectively in high stress situations
- Must be able to adapt and manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities
- Prior Property Management experience is an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages,company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Regional Manager Trainee” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Mainstreet Equity Corp is a leading-edge company with a growing portfolio of over 6000 + units across Canada. Our people are vital to our...