Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Property Manager/ Site Caretaker is responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned location(s).
The Property Manager/ Site Caretaker must live on site - no exception.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Daily collection and deposits of rental payments
- Generates new business, set up appointments and conduct unit showings with prospective tenants
- Must be flexible to answer current and/or prospective tenant inquiries on scheduled work days
- Arrange move-out inspections and prepare move-out reports
- Post rental ads to attract new tenants
- Understand company policies and legislative requirements and ensures that they are adhered to when dealing with customers
- Assist and support other Property Managers as required
- Must be proficient with various computer software programs (i.e. Outlook, Word)
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage tenant maintenance requests including proper follow up to ensure satisfaction and completion
- Schedule all cleaning and repair of turnover suites
- Receive supplies and sending paperwork to the head office
- Inspection of buildings and vacant suites to report on any deficiencies and maintenance requests
- Attend training and meeting with head office work with utility companies, phone companies and contractors for entering the properties for their work
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior Property Management experience is an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and building systems an asset
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
Mainstreet offers an exciting, fast-paced environment with a culture that is open and flexible. We offer excellent salary, monthly bonuses, car allowance, company benefits and opportunities for advancement and rental incentives.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email address quoting “Property Manager/ Site Caretaker” in the subject line or visit our website for more information at: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.