Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the VP Operations, the Plumber works in collaboration with the Maintenance team and is responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of all plumbing related duties in assigned location(s) within a residential multi-family setting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage tenant plumbing requests including proper follow up to ensure satisfaction and completion
- Train and assist new maintenance team members in basic plumbing techniques
- Required to perform preventive maintenance essential to extending lifecycle of equipment and cost reduction
- Strong working knowledge of building and boiler systems
- Complete hot water tank repair and maintenance
- Adherence to building codes and specifications
- Estimate labour and material costs, as well as maintain inventory required
- Provide recommendations to senior management team regarding preventative measures
- Provide cost analysis to regional and senior management team for plumbing strategies
- Be part of on-call to assist maintenance and attend to emergencies as necessary
- Provide cost analysis to Regional and Senior Management team for plumbing strategies
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
Qualifications and Requirements
- Possess an apprentice or journeyman ticket from a recognized post-secondary institution and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior residential plumbing experience is mandatory
- Flexibility to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must supply your own tools
- Current Gas ticket an asset
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess a keen ability to recognize problems, and create an effective course of action to solve the issue
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- You display a professional and positive company image
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email address quoting “Plumber” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.