Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management and Property Development firm in Western Canada. The Mainstreet brand delivers consistent quality and value for tenants, and an attractive growth opportunity for investors.
At Mainstreet, we truly value our employees and mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! We are always seeking talented candidates who are customer focused and enjoy working in a dynamic environment. Currently we are seeking 1 Leasing Agent (Temporary post till August or September 30, 2013) as its multi-family properties in Edmonton.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Leasing Agent is responsible for the management of daily operations, maintenance, and administration of assigned location(s).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A description of the leasing agent duties required but not limited to as follows:
- Hours of work – 40 hours per week. Because of the nature of the business, the leasing agent must work on in the last day of the month and the first day of the following month. If these two days fall on your days off then days off will be moved to the two days immediately after the first day of the month.
- **it is required that you are to spend the hours you are not showing suites in the office
- You must answer your cell phone from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm on your scheduled work days
- Posting daily rental ads on websites to attract tenants – effective form of advertising
- Provide a daily report of the suites shown or to be shown
- Check cleanliness of building – monitoring of buildings – monitoring of branding - report condition of all vacant suites available for rent to the COO
- Answer leasing enquiries - book appointment for showing - responsible for all paperwork and move as per every one of your suites rented – submit application to head office for approval
- Responsible for market research, reports, advertising plus any additional tasks assigned by management. For example, filling in for resident managers, secret shopping in other cities, etc.
- attending all required training and meetings at regional office
any other duties as assigned by the regional manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study and/or equivalent work experience
- Prior Property Management experience is an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and building systems
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
Mainstreet offers an exciting, fast-paced environment with a culture that is open and flexible. The salary will be $2,000.00 per month and gas allowance.
If you meet or exceed our qualifications please forward a copy of your cover letter and resume quoting “Leasing Agent” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.