Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new talent, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting to the Regional Manager, the Leasing Agent is responsible for generating quality leads for prospective tenants to fill our vacancies in Edmonton. The successful candidate will also be required to perform all related administrative tasks and other duties as assigned.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
A description of the Leasing Agent duties required but not limited to as follows:
- Required to work 40 hours per week, due to the nature of the business, the Leasing Agent must work on in the last day of the month and the first day of the following month
- Required to balance time between the field (showing suites) and the office (admin)
- Posting daily rental ads on websites to attract tenants
- Provide a daily report of the suites shown or to be shown
- Check cleanliness of building – monitoring of buildings – monitoring of branding - report condition of all vacant suites available for rent
- Answer leasing enquiries - book appointments for showing - responsible for all paperwork and move ins – submit applications to head office for approval
- Responsible for market research, reports, advertising plus any additional tasks assigned by management. For example, secret shopping, etc.
- Demonstrated success in a sales related role; ability to generate leads, follow up and close
- Attending all required training and meetings at Regional Office
- Any other duties as assigned by the Regional Manager
- Post-secondary education in a related field of study and/or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Prior Property Management experience is an asset
- Prior sales experience an asset
- Above average problem solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Familiarity with the Residential Tenancy Act and building systems
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Must possess a valid Alberta driver’s license and have a reliable vehicle
- Must successfully complete a security clearance
- You possess excellent planning and organization skills
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume quoting “Leasing Agent” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.