Mainstreet Equity Corporation is a distinguished Property Management firm focused on the acquisition, redevelopment, repositioning, and management of boutique rental apartments. Mainstreet is proud to be setting a new standard in rental apartment living across our vast portfolio which stretches from Saskatchewan to British Columbia.
At Mainstreet we truly value our employees and we mean it when we say our people are vital to our success! Our team is a valuable mix of experience and new energy, trades, and professionals. Mainstreet is committed to creating and nurturing an environment where our people are encouraged to embrace challenges, express their ideas, value diversity, and have fun!
Reporting directly to the CEO and President, the Acquisitions Assistant will acquire the assets necessary to meet strategic goals and projections, prospect for potential acquisition opportunities, provide information for the preparation of preliminary proforma, complete financial analysis for opportunities, negotiate agreement terms and details, and manage the preparation and approval of all documents required for purchases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish market development plans to identify market areas for growth and expansion
- Manages related activities for the acquisition, management and disposal of assets to ensure maximization of profit/minimization of loss
- Protection/profitability of existing assets
- Locating prime relocation/new site opportunities consistent with available capital
- Review, negotiate, and approve purchase contracts and other related agreements
- Review and approve proposals for the disposal of unproductive assets
- Develop and maintain working relationships with local government authorities, lawyers, etc
- Create market expansion plans, research and analyze competitor activity, and establish knowledge of zoning ordinances, provincial and local regulations, etc.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Knowledge of pertinent market environments and the ability to form political and business relationships
- Strong understanding of market trends, pricing, growth, and supply
- Possess a minimum of 3+years current experience in acquisitions
- Must possess a background in real estate, property management or related field
- Must possess basic construction knowledge
- Must have established communication and demonstrated leadership skills
- Must possess advanced computer software skills (i.e. Microsoft Office)
- Must be able to create and present complex presentations to all levels of an organization
- Strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Must be able to travel within Western Canada require
- You have the natural ability to identify, execute, and acquire new acquisition opportunities
- You possess a keen ability to recognize problems, and create an effective course of action to solve the issue
- You have excellent customer service and relationship building skills
- You are self-directed with the ability to effectively manage your time and resources to ensure deadlines are met
- You display a professional and positive company image
- You thrive in an ever-changing environment
We offer competitive wages, company paid benefits, incentive programs, and a “promote from within” culture! We are always seeking talented candidates who are driven to succeed; customer focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to submit your cover letter and resume to our Email address quoting “Acquisitions Assistant” in the subject line or visit our website for more information: www.mainst.biz. Although we thank all applicants for applying, only those considered for further discussion will be contacted.
Mainstreet Equity Corporation
Corporate Head Office
305-10 Ave SE
*Mainstreet Equity Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.