IT – HELP DESK SUPPORT (STUDENT)
Mainline Services Inc – Toronto, ON
Directly To: General Manager
Indirectly To: Office Manager, Quality Assurance Manager
Purpose of position: To design, implement, maintain, review and support all computer technology and associated systems within the entire company structure. This includes all LAN, WAN, web and wireless domains and includes all networking, hardware and software. This position will include database management, running queries and provide data mining solutions advice and implementation for marketing purposes.
- Hardware support for networks, workstations, notebooks (PC, Mac & PDA’S), printers, scanners, audio/visual/multimedia equipment.
- 24-7 support, backup and maintenance of servers.
- Monitor information security, accuracy and development of crisis management plan.
- Responsible for implementing and supporting disaster recovery plans.
- File server support, backup and maintenance and investigate data connection issues and sources of error.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues and operating system issues for all office workstations, home computers and notebooks.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory lists for hardware and software.
- Responsible for set up and maintenance of user profiles & securing password files.
- Coordinates in the general maintenance and upkeep of all office equipment, i.e. Photocopier, fax and phone system
- Installing and uninstalling applications at the workstation and server level with the consultant guidance software support for all applications.
- Assist in programming in Microsoft access 2002 using interactive forms and reports and migration to Access 2007.
- Maintain help menus in html.
- Website development and maintenance, e-learning website and multimedia interactive website.
- Internet development, maintenance and diagnostics.
- Provide help desk support and training to staff on software and hardware.
- Assist in FRQ, FRP, carpet audits and all sales and other power point presentations.
- Works with 3rd party supplier in supporting networks, workstations, servers, notebook computers, printers, scanners, audio/visual/multimedia equipment; supports all OS’S applications.
- Works with 3rd party supplier in web site development & maintenance.
- Researches new software programs.
- Monitors and supports the phone, key scan and alarm systems.
- Performs other duties as directed by the General Manager.
- Prepares daily/weekly sales mail-outs, assists in the preparation of ad layouts, standard presentations, and brochures
- Uses creativity to design, develop and implement marketing objectives, including the development of “soft” promotional materials, website, company brochures and newsletters.
- Hours: 8:30am to 5:30pm
- Rate: $12.00 p/hour
Indeed - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard