Job Title: Assistant Production Supervisor (Lead Hand)
Must Be Available for All Shifts
In this position you will be required to manage the shift and all related production, quality and shipping activities during that shift.
Cooperate with other team members in achieving the goals stated in the company's Business Plan, Mission Statement, and
Quality Policy. We are looking for team leader to provide CNC and machined components for the automotive, military, optical,
oil, energy, and mass transit industries worldwide. Our skilled team and fully equipped facility work around the clock to remain
responsive to our clients' needs.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Eligible to work in Canada
- Prefer a skilled trade such as a Machinist, Millwright or Tool and Die Maker, or equivalent machine building experience
- Current First Aid certification
- Strong verbal and written communication
- 3 Plus years Supervisory training or skills working in a Machine Shop
- Able to work in a team oriented environment
- Understanding of OSHA
- SPC training and ability to analyse SPC charts
- Previous tool setting skills, ability to set-up tooling and fixtures
- Able to read and understand blueprints, G, D & T
- Understanding of Ontario Labour Laws
- Forklift certified
- Have reliable transportation
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain plant security
- Safe operation of machines, equipment
- Maintain good housekeeping practices
- Responsible for the prevention and management of the safety and welfare of the employees according to "Health and Safety Manual" policies and procedures requirement as well as OSHA.
- Knowledgeable in operating and programming CNC Machines using Fanuc or Siemens .
- From prototypes to one-offs to high production CNC machining 2, 3, 4, and 5-axis, bar, slug, and cast machining
- Turning and milling knowledge
- Suggest actions to take to improve equipment, production procedures, tooling & the quality of products
- Responsible for performing CNC troubleshooting and repair
- Maintaining processes to cycle time and meeting quality requirements
- Responsible for quality of all production parts
- Maintaining and improving the CpK and capability requirements on all dimensions
- Implementing solutions to non-conformances
- Use CMM in the absence of QA inspection to perform dimensional checks
- Addressing all quality alerts reported or ensuring alerts are reported immediately for issues that have arisen during the shift.
- Responsible for containment during the shift; ensuring containment is done properly and all relative documentation is
completed in full.
- Documentation of problems pertaining to production, machine operations, on the Production Shift Report and communicate
verbally to the Production Manager.
- Conduct and document the setting up of machines, tool changes and machine adjustments as required to meet
- Shipping, receiving, and material handling when warehouse staff is unavailable
- Continuous improvement of all conditions within the manufacturing operations
Production improvements based on past production data including:
- Production efficiency
- Scrap reduction
- Reduction of rework hours
- Machine downtime/uptime
- SPC charts
- Problem solving techniques
- Start-up and shutdown of all plant machinery and equipment
- Adhering to preventative machine maintenance programs for all machine repairs, machining process equipment and tools
- Responsible for: achieving production targets, maintaining production documentation and reviewing and approving quality
documentation on shift.
Supervision and Leadership:
- Supervisors responsible for all day to day operations on their scheduled shifts
Controlling shift punctuality, starts, break & end of shift times
Train & retrain if necessary employee's in the proper operation of all job functions they are required to perform including
safety, operations, expectations & policies
Notify the Production Manager of items that require purchase (in writing)
Coach employees in ways to improve their personal performance
Discipline employees when necessary using progressive discipline approach. Report all discipline to Production Manager and
complete and file all relative documentation.
Facilitating Problem-Solving teams to resolve nonconforming issues
Responsible for the supervision of: production, quality, shipping and tool setters on shift.
Communication to Production Manager, shift staff, quality and supervisors of next shift at shift change.