1FT, 40 hours/week
Opportunity # MA-IN-04/2014
“A group of people coming together to work as one”
In partnership with Child and Family Services Authority’s Aboriginal Services Office, Mahmawi-atoskiwin works alongside individuals and their family to create a Family Wellness Team. Mahmawi-atoskiwin works through a model that is based on traditional Aboriginal teachings and western practice. Mahmawi-atoskiwin is an alliance of three agencies: Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary, Enviros and Pathways Community Service Association.
Reporting to the Mahmawi-atoskiwin Program Director, the Team Leader is an experienced social services professional who is responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of the program under their supervision. The Team Lead provides leadership and support for a team of Family Wellness Partners working collaboratively in developing and implementing the family wellness plans, finding and implementing resources for support, and coordinating the delivery of service in timely fashion. The Team Lead is also responsible for administration duties including but not limited to reporting, crisis intervention and support for the program and their staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Encourage, develop and mentor staff in their professional development, including leadership and individualized goals
- Provide Crisis intervention, crisis management and safety planning with families and CFSA
- Assists families in developing problem solving, conflict resolution and communication skills.
- Assist the Program Director with the development and on-going changes to the program service delivery model
- Supports Family Wellness partners in ensuring the inclusion of appropriate supports in case planning.
- Advocates on behalf of and provides support to families
- Ensure families have access to a cultural resources specialist
- Provide crisis intervention and support to staff and clients
- Provide support after hours through on-call systems
- Review of client files to ensure accreditation standards are met
- Assist with the development and monitoring of outcome tools
- Review intake and discharge reports and critical incident reports to ensure completion and submission in a timely manner
- Ensure outcomes, assessments, service plans etc. are current and up to date
- Support staff meetings and training seminars for the front line team
- Adheres to agency best practice when working with youth and families.
- Manages crisis situations effectively using problem solving and de-escalation skills.
- Work a flexible schedule that meets the needs of the staff team and families.
- Other tasks as designated
- Diploma or Degree in Human Services field preferred or a related degree with a minimum of two years supervisory experience.
- Minimum of five years experience with In-Home Support and Family work
- Possess knowledge of Child and Family Services and the Family Enhancement Act.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of issues pertaining to family wellness, child and adolescent development, and at-risk youth
- Previous work with Aboriginal Families is an asset
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong problem solving, organizing, planning and analytical skills
- Supportive team player
- Proficient computer knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as excellent oral and written skills.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR certification
- A criminal record check with vulnerable sector search and child intervention record check
- Use of a reliable vehicle with $1,000,000 liability, permission to carry passengers and business coverage on the vehicle
- Valid driver’s license and a driver’s abstract with minimal demerits
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement, and the chance to be part of a team that supports children, youth and families to thrive within a culturally responsive community.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.