1 FT, 37.5 hours/week
Opportunity # BY-IN-02/2013
Make a difference in the life of a child
Come join an energetic and fun team that is committed to providing deserving children and youth with hope for the future. The Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary provide a supportive environment in which to share your experience, develop your skills, and take on new challenges.
If you are passionate about making a difference in the lives of children, youth and families the Boys and Girls Clubs of Calgary is the place for you!
The Beltline Youth Centre provides social, recreational, employment and educational opportunities for primarily immigrant, homeless and aboriginal youth ages 12-24.
With support and direction from the Manager of Employment, the Coordinator is responsible for the management and operation of the Beltline Youth Center. The Program Coordinator must ensure that programs and services meet the needs of members while operating within the mission, values, vision and strategic plan of BGCC. Specific accountabilities include the direct supervision of staff and volunteers, program management, partnership management, as well as innovative program creation. The Program Coordinator will align service delivery with the Agency’s strategic plan, focusing on employment and education. The Program Coordinator must also ensure that all aspects of the Beltline program model are effectively integrated within funding parameters and the BGCC continuum of programs. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting, training, and mentoring of all program staff
- Develop strategic partnerships with organizations who compliment our services and can enhance programming for clients
- Maintain strong working relationships with our key partners: CBE, Old Y, City of Calgary, Immigration Calgary, Centre for Newcomers, Etc.
- With support from the Program Manager, complete all outcome reporting within funder timeframes
- Identify new opportunities and create programs based on gaps in service and community needs
- Actively expand outreach initiatives and client recruitment
- Ensures quality programming afterschool, evenings and weekends for youth that aligns outcomes with funding requirements
- Taking initiative to make required decisions regarding programming changes and adaptations
- Ensure staff are implementing programs that are relevant and utilize a strength based approach
- Ensure all programs adhere to the BGCC mission, values, policies, and procedures
- Ensure program atmosphere is welcoming, and that program information and resources are current and based on client needs
- Provide recommendations to the Manager of Employment Programs regarding staff salaries, program allotments and the yearly budget
- A degree or diploma in Social Work, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, or a related field
- 2-3 years of front-line experience working with children, youth, and families
- Knowledge of immigration systems and experience working with immigrant youth
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Ensure proper program support and schedule coverage during days, evenings, and weekends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven leadership skills and the ability to work independently, as part of the staff team, as well as part of a larger Agency team
- Strong sense of accountability and transparency with frontline staff team and Managing supervisor
- Strong sense of program ownership and responsibility
- Current First Aid/CPR certification
- Class 5 Driver’s License and vehicle is required
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working from strength-based and developmental asset-based framework with youth
- Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector search and Child Welfare Intervention check
We offer the opportunity to be part of a creative and positive work environment, a competitive salary, supports for professional development, opportunity for advancement and the chance to be part of a national organization dedicated to supporting youth to develop skills for life. We are a committed equity employer.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume by quoting the above opportunity number for consideration. No phone calls please, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Indeed - 20 months ago