MAGNA Employee Reviews

Very good workplace
Maintenance Electrician/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON15 October 2017
Very good place for work and good company.
The problem of this company is the shifts wich are stady and affect health of many emploee.
For this reason I want to leave this cxompany.
team member (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 August 2017
show up at 7 work till 3:30 with a ten minute break in the morning and a 12 oclock lunch. Magna was a factory we made head lights and tail lights at and we were mostly at one job the whole shift.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
only doing the same thing over and over
As a newly acquired facility, the culture change was very apparent.
Quality Co-op student (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON21 August 2017
Manga closures acquired Tech form and were under going process changes from a top down prospective. this led to allot of head butting on what was deemed important priority wise between department heads moving forwards with projects.

Quality issues happening due to high turn over rates. Low motivation area plant around, facility requires willing staff from further away.

Being a new student in a stressful, high production work environment, the adjustment was a harder then theoretical class room talk. I give this experience a 10/10 people wise, everyone was willing to give 110% with out hesitation.
Pros
Independency and very strong Team Work
Cons
Understaffed
Consistent factory work
Seat Assembly Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON10 July 2017
Everyday at work is the exact same since the seat assembly never changes. Had to be quick with assembling parts on the seat, rarely any communication during work. Supervisor there was very nice and was supporting. Hardest part of the job was the carpal tunnel I was experiencing during work near the end of each shift. The most enjoyable part was the friends I made during work. Magna Seating had very minimal room for an employees growth since the work was very robotic and never changed.
Pros
Labour wasn't too hard
Cons
Working night shifts
Great people
Paint process application technician (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 June 2017
Great atmosphere, great people, good supervision. Very relaxed work environment. Competitive wages, profit sharing. Focus on continuous improvement, 5S, and supplies proper training
fun environment to work in
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON11 May 2017
i really enjoyed working at magna (door tech). The people were very easy going, and very helpful. however i was there through is2 solutions and i was pregnant at the time. i miss half a day and was let go.
Pros
done work early
Cons
short breaks
Nice first Job
Car Seating Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2017
As a factory, the work environment is really clean. The training at the beginning will be hard but they are actually patient in the period of training. After month, you will be able to handle the job. It is a hard and intense job but they will play the music during the work time and do the barbecue every year.
excellent
Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Concord, ON10 April 2017
they have company training and lots of experiences , learn how to use 5s , good management , 90 percent insurance and lots of modern robotics machine to learn
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Respect...
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 November 2016
I worked at the Magna with fun.
Because, we have lots kinds of country's persons.
Sometimes, we ate together in lunch time and we played soccer on Sunday...
Strong work place environment where learning how to maintain flow of the job was something to look forward to.
General Labour Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 November 2016
This is a good place to work at because you can work in an environment where you have the option to get more hours with overtime and people are available to help you as a teammates.
Job Performance
Plant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 September 2016
A typical day at work would consist of resolving employee concerns before they escalate, quick decision making abilities without jeopardizing both the quality of the product and the customer.
Productive and excellent surroundings
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 September 2016
I liked how the line production is organize. I learned a lot like working with people. Productive and excellent surroundings.
Pros
free lunches if we hit target
Cons
long hours, a lot of overtime
excellent company
Tank/lab technician/ wastewater operator (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 July 2016
Good company to work, excellent in benefits and training. Learned a lot about plating on ABS e differences between metal finishing and plastic finishing. Co-workers help to adapt on the new environment and to clear any doubt in relation to work. Management concerned about your well being. The hard part was to work every weekend more than 12 hours a day
Pros
Good company, benefits
Cons
Long hours on the weekends
Day at work
Gym Monitor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 June 2016
They are a good company. The only problem there is so many gym monitors that they have to break up the shifts for everyone. So I have one 2 hour shift a week and that can't support myself off of that. My typical day at work is I go in set up for whatever the activity is going on in the gym, sit and do homework, then once the activity is over I clean up and close up.
Pros
Good pay for a high school student
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing volunteer experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 May 2016
I only volunteered at Magna for a short period of time when they were hosting there special events. Typically I would just insure guests are having a good time,
Cool place
Time keeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON1 February 2016
A typical day would be sitting in the cold arena for 3-8 hours. Usually 2 or 3 times a week. People I worked with were cool and very outgoing.
Very fast pace invironment, and no time for other activities.
assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON30 November 2015
Very busy . There is always somthing to do and to learn.Achieving the target is managements key word.Very hard working people.
It gets very hard when comes to turn around time .And it is enjoyable
when the job is done.
Unorganized
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON30 September 2015
company is not ran properly, very un organize too much favoritism, also to many double standards, people will go to HR over everything
Workplace of Collaborative Learning Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2015
I started my work with signing my attendance. I had to do quality inspection of finished products. I took a random sample of five parts and inspected it for conformity. My colleagues helped me in the inspection process. I was their leader so I had to do end inspection only after my colleagues do the inspection.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Fun experience
coop (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON15 September 2015
Production facility with a wide range of processes. Valuable experience in the manufacturing sector. Great experience, learned a lot.