MAGNA Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Very fast pace invironment, and no time for other activities.
assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 30, 2015
Very busy . There is always somthing to do and to learn.Achieving the target is managements key word.Very hard working people.
It gets very hard when comes to turn around time .And it is enjoyable
when the job is done.
Unorganized
Production Associate (Current Employee), Belleville, ONSeptember 30, 2015
company is not ran properly, very un organize too much favoritism, also to many double standards, people will go to HR over everything
Workplace of Collaborative Learning Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly Environment
I started my work with signing my attendance. I had to do quality inspection of finished products. I took a random sample of five parts and inspected it for conformity. My colleagues helped me in the inspection process. I was their leader so I had to do end inspection only after my colleagues do the inspection.
Fun experience
coop (Former Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Production facility with a wide range of processes. Valuable experience in the manufacturing sector. Great experience, learned a lot.
Good company
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONSeptember 4, 2015
A good company wherein they look up the safety as always to their employees as well as they give more benefits to those regular employees.
It was a fast pace job
Automotive Assembler (Former Employee), Milton, ONMay 12, 2015
I learned a lot about cars and who some parts of the cars are put together. The hardest part about the job was keeping up with the pace speed.
Good working experience
Loader (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: fast paced work
Cons: factory closed suddenly
Hands on work environment, fast paced, work independently, load car parts and ensuring quality control, lots of overtime, competitive salary
Fast Paced
paint line inspector (Former Employee), Guelph, ontarioJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: experience, people
Cons: long hours
I worked as a student, therefore got student benefits and worked for 3-4 months. The work area is always busy, and it is loud and very fast paced. The overall experience was great, worked with people that had high authority as well as seniority.
AVOID LIKE THE EBOLA
Machine operator (Former Employee), Penetanguishene, OntarioOctober 21, 2014
Pros: got a free tshirt :)~~~
Cons: get fired if a temp for no good reason!!!
I started working for a company with a temp agency. Everything was going great until Magna bought the place!! I was fired for being too slow. I was praised on the work I was doing before it was bought. Now all of a sudden I am too slow??? I really feel sorry for the full time staff there. I was early to shifts, took less then was allowed for breaks and this is what I get... MAGNA SUCKS!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot to included I have a disability so I am not able to run like a chicken with my head cut off. (injury to ankle so have a limp)
we have soccer fill and soccer team , golf event every year
Assembly Line Worker , inspection (Current Employee), St. Thomas, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: we have great food in cafeteria for good prize !
Cons: 8 hours with one 15 min. break and 25 min lunch some area have overtime
Every day working with hourly rotation , make easy and enjoyment , new day always bringing something new always learning something new , never born , from team leader to G. M we have a great time we are one team one family , one big family try work best like one harmony , nothing is to hard when team work together , we working hard and smart , line is open , station is follow workers is close and a lot fan , happy family !
great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Sydney, NSAugust 15, 2014
Pros: great people
Cons: it closed
very busy place...lots of stuff to do all the time...working on an assembly line can get a bit boring after a while but we kept it fun
busy
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJuly 14, 2014
if you plan on working on a production line, than you should mentally prepare your mind into performing physical work the entire shift.
agency temp
Machine operator (Former Employee), concordApril 9, 2014
Pros: co workers
Work through agency no long term employment pay very low for type of work.co workers get along
great place to work for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2014
Pros: great team work enviroment
Cons: long hours
it is made sure that everyone is provided with safe and healthful work environment
communication between all level of the company is encouraged
This job was tedious
General Assembler (Former Employee), Newmarket, OnJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: breaks
Cons: bad management
Overall I did not like this position, management was brutal and didn't look for the best of interest for there employees.
Solid management
Designer/Analyst (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Fully productive orientation; not a suitable place for a CAE Engineer
Typical day at Magna
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONNovember 25, 2013
Pros: overtime, fastpaced
Cons: layoffs
Went in to work checked board to see which lines were running and where I would be that shift.Heavy Duty line was great,knowing how to do every job on the line meant being rotated every 2 hours.Therefore the night would go fast.We would meet with the shift supervisor and find out if there were any quality checks to watch closely for and they would tell us our standards that would have to met for that shift.The safety data sheets would have to be signed before running any machines. Sometimes I would have to train a new operator on a machine or different operation. Co-workers were not always the same
person.Worked as a team to train new people and make the production run smooth. It was difficult when there were new people came, alot of people were different nationalities there fore making it difficult to understand but it was a learning experience and very rewarding because alot of them were so greatful to be able to learn the proper way of doing things having the right teacher.Team leaders were happy with my way of training people the proper way. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people meeting the standards and quota for the day. Made it all worth while
long days
Machine Operator (Former Employee), North Sydney, NSOctober 14, 2013
long days workin on production lines and alot of bouncing around from job to job
A good company to go
Auto Assembly Operator (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: supervisor will offer pizza when team reached the production goals.
A good pay company with a lot of overtime opportunity. I signed up most of the overtime, soon I bought a house. It is the highest salary I have made in Canada.
productive
Line Worker (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONApril 1, 2013
i learned how to be really quick at putting things together.most of the bosses were nice.The other nice.The hardest part was being on a slow line after being on a fast one.The most enjoyable is trying to beat my record with no defects.