MAGNA Employee Reviews in Canada

Day at work
Gym Monitor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJune 4, 2016
They are a good company. The only problem there is so many gym monitors that they have to break up the shifts for everyone. So I have one 2 hour shift a week and that can't support myself off of that. My typical day at work is I go in set up for whatever the activity is going on in the gym, sit and do homework, then once the activity is over I clean up and close up.
Pros
Good pay for a high school student
Cons
Not enough hours
Amazing volunteer experience
Host (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 5, 2016
I only volunteered at Magna for a short period of time when they were hosting there special events. Typically I would just insure guests are having a good time,
Cool place
Time keeper (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day would be sitting in the cold arena for 3-8 hours. Usually 2 or 3 times a week. People I worked with were cool and very outgoing.
Very fast pace invironment, and no time for other activities.
assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 30, 2015
Very busy . There is always somthing to do and to learn.Achieving the target is managements key word.Very hard working people.
It gets very hard when comes to turn around time .And it is enjoyable
when the job is done.
Unorganized
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ONSeptember 30, 2015
company is not ran properly, very un organize too much favoritism, also to many double standards, people will go to HR over everything
Workplace of Collaborative Learning Atmosphere
Quality Assurance Officer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 17, 2015
I started my work with signing my attendance. I had to do quality inspection of finished products. I took a random sample of five parts and inspected it for conformity. My colleagues helped me in the inspection process. I was their leader so I had to do end inspection only after my colleagues do the inspection.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Fun experience
coop (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 15, 2015
Production facility with a wide range of processes. Valuable experience in the manufacturing sector. Great experience, learned a lot.
Good company
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 4, 2015
A good company wherein they look up the safety as always to their employees as well as they give more benefits to those regular employees.
It was a fast pace job
Automotive Assembler (Former Employee) –  Milton, ONMay 12, 2015
I learned a lot about cars and who some parts of the cars are put together. The hardest part about the job was keeping up with the pace speed.
Good working experience
Loader (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONFebruary 10, 2015
Hands on work environment, fast paced, work independently, load car parts and ensuring quality control, lots of overtime, competitive salary
Pros
fast paced work
Cons
factory closed suddenly
Fast Paced
paint line inspector (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ontarioJanuary 15, 2015
I worked as a student, therefore got student benefits and worked for 3-4 months. The work area is always busy, and it is loud and very fast paced. The overall experience was great, worked with people that had high authority as well as seniority.
Pros
experience, people
AVOID LIKE THE EBOLA
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, OntarioOctober 21, 2014
I started working for a company with a temp agency. Everything was going great until Magna bought the place!! I was fired for being too slow. I was praised on the work I was doing before it was bought. Now all of a sudden I am too slow??? I really feel sorry for the full time staff there. I was early to shifts, took less then was allowed for breaks and this is what I get... MAGNA SUCKS!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot to included I have a disability so I am not able to run like a chicken with my head cut off. (injury to ankle so have a limp)
Pros
got a free tshirt :)~~~
Cons
get fired if a temp for no good reason!!!
we have soccer fill and soccer team , golf event every year
Assembly Line Worker , inspection (Current Employee) –  St. Thomas, ONSeptember 29, 2014
Every day working with hourly rotation , make easy and enjoyment , new day always bringing something new always learning something new , never born , from team leader to G. M we have a great time we are one team one family , one big family try work best like one harmony , nothing is to hard when team work together , we working hard and smart , line is open , station is follow workers is close and a lot fan , happy family !
Pros
we have great food in cafeteria for good prize !
Cons
8 hours with one 15 min. break and 25 min lunch some area have overtime
great place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSAugust 15, 2014
very busy place...lots of stuff to do all the time...working on an assembly line can get a bit boring after a while but we kept it fun
Pros
great people
Cons
it closed
busy
QUALITY CONTROL INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 14, 2014
if you plan on working on a production line, than you should mentally prepare your mind into performing physical work the entire shift.
agency temp
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  concordApril 9, 2014
Work through agency no long term employment pay very low for type of work.co workers get along
Pros
co workers
great place to work for
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 30, 2014
it is made sure that everyone is provided with safe and healthful work environment
communication between all level of the company is encouraged
Pros
great team work enviroment
This job was tedious
General Assembler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, OnJanuary 26, 2014
Overall I did not like this position, management was brutal and didn't look for the best of interest for there employees.
Pros
breaks
Cons
bad management
Solid management
Designer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJanuary 16, 2014
Fully productive orientation; not a suitable place for a CAE Engineer
Typical day at Magna
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONNovember 25, 2013
Went in to work checked board to see which lines were running and where I would be that shift.Heavy Duty line was great,knowing how to do every job on the line meant being rotated every 2 hours.Therefore the night would go fast.We would meet with the shift supervisor and find out if there were any quality checks to watch closely for and they would tell us our standards that would have to met for that shift.The safety data sheets would have to be signed before running any machines. Sometimes I would have to train a new operator on a machine or different operation. Co-workers were not always the same
person.Worked as a team to train new people and make the production run smooth. It was difficult when there were new people came, alot of people were different nationalities there fore making it difficult to understand but it was a learning experience and very rewarding because alot of them were so greatful to be able to learn the proper way of doing things having the right teacher.Team leaders were happy with my way of training people the proper way. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people meeting the standards and quota for the day. Made it all worth while
Pros
overtime, fastpaced
Cons
layoffs