Magicuts

Magicuts Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun place to start.
Assistant Manager & Stylist (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: great conversations. :)
Cons: when we were busy due to no appointments taken.
A typical day at magic cuts was mainly enjoying the clients that came in.. Always lots of small talk so it never was a boring moment having someone in my chair and being able to converse with them.

I learned a lot at this job.. I learned how to deal better with the public and what their needs were.. And to give that to them.:) I also learned how to – more... close the business and deal with the money at the end of the day and take it to the bank.
Always honest.. Whether you didnt want to hear it or not.. That I did appreciate because this is how I would learn to grow.
My co workers were fun loving people as so was myself.. So that was always a good experience.
The hardest part of the job was probably the time frame in which you were given to do a hair cut and make sure it is as is should be. That was a learning experience simply because as time went on.. Just like anything else you repeat.. You get it. And it becomes much easier.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the smiles.. The chats.. The people around,, I was on my feet all day in a job like this and I would have never even realized it for the people that I was able to spend time with and enjoy.. – less
Good place to work, Great co-workers
Stylist (Current Employee), Fergus, OnOctober 21, 2013
Pros: working as a team
Cons: working weekends
A typical day at Magicuts entails greeting and cutting, styling or chemical servicing customers hair. Keeping the salon clean. I have learned a couple of new cutting techniques. Management is good to keep us supplied with the products we need to give our customers full service. My co-workers are a great bunch of girls to work with. My hardest part of – more... my job is dealing with children that don't like getting their hair cut. The most enjoyable part of my job is making the customer happy with the service you did for them. – less
Enjoyed working customer service
Hairstyling (Contract position) (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: very busy environment which helped time pass by
Cons: standing on your feet for extended period of time
A typical day of work was to cut, colour and provide other hairstyling services to customer. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and it was generally a very busy environment which made the day go by very fast. The hardest part was being on your feet constantly.
Summer Employment (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONMarch 15, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no cons
My typical day at Magicuts were good. I cleaned, did the laundry and price inventory. I learnt how to price inventory and better cleaning techniques. My co-workers were nice people to work with and make work enjoyable. I didn't have any difficulties at Magicuts. The most enjoyable part of the summer job was working with co-workers.
Worked there a long time ago
Cosmetologist/Salon Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 28, 2013
Worked there a long time ago. Management has changed since I was around and that was some of the issues.
I would recommend any Hairstylist to apply at Magicuts.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 8, 2012
Pros: meeting new people.
Cons: cut hair constantly on skin and clothing.
Magicuts is a great place to work.Friendly atmosphere with great hours.
Fast paced, detail orientated
hair styles (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBSeptember 24, 2012
doing haircuts, colors, perms, management was very friendly and same with the co-works, perms and colors were the hardest to do, working with the public.
a great place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 27, 2012
Pros: if they don't like you they will try and figure out away to get rid of you
Cons: do your very best or you are out
it was a nice place to work for when i got the boot after 4 yrs.
i went for sugery in 2010 and got screwed over, thats all i can say.
but if l had the chance l would go back.
hairstylist
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJuly 25, 2012
Pros: we had a great group of staff
Cons: not enough hours
working with customers to achieve what they wanted give input when needed.
working under fast deadlines
making connections with clients
building trust.
i loved getting to meet and help so many people feel good about themselves.
A postive place to learn new stuff.
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Belleville, ONJuly 4, 2012
a great place to work.
ive learned alot but want to learn more.
management could be better.
some co- worker are great to work for others not so much.
keeping thing running smoothly
that l loved my job until l got screwed over,
Productive and fun working workplace.
Reseptionist (Current Employee), market mall saskatoon,SaskFebruary 28, 2012
Pros: half hour lunches
Cons: not many people to work
Great place to work , I got along with everyone. Very friendly environment. Good cleanliness

About Magicuts

Conveniently located in local shopping centres throughout Canada, Magicuts is easy to find and easy on your wallet. Walk into – Read more