Magenta Studio Photo

Magenta Studio Photo Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great Atmosphere and fun working environment
Photographer (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 27, 2012
Pros: great training and experience
Cons: unstable hours and trial finding
Work started at different times each day dependent upon appointments. The store opens as the first clients come through the door so it was a little frazzled at times getting organized and maximizing on customers experience. Day included photo sessions, sales presentations, cleaning of studio, washrooms etc. When the studio is quiet photographers are – more... sent out to find 'trials' where you try to entice people shopping in the mall to come in for a free session. Sometimes easy to find - sometimes not.
I learnt a great deal about studio lighting and got great experience working with children and families in the studio.
I found management at the Head office level to be extremely good, however in studio sometimes a little overly pushy to achieve targets and goals. Definitely understand that's part of their job though :) You are critiqued on your sessions which is good for personal development. Promised a program for points when employees achieve certain goals but this was not run very well in our store.
Co-workers were an awesome bunch of people. Most on the college age group.
Hardest part of the job - finding trials in busy times - it is hard to stay motivated when you have no clients or struggle to find clients. You are phoned the day before your shift to tell you hours for the following day based on appointments. Very hard to plan anything. The calls came really late sometimes and if you request special dates and times off, you have to find someone to cover for you to make it happen.
Most enjoyable part of the job - taking beautiful photos and seeing your clients faces when they see your presentation after the session. High standards and a training program help to achieve this. – less
Creative and Productive
Photographer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Toronto, CanadaFebruary 16, 2013
Pros: doing photography all day
Cons: inconsistent with required breaks
Day to day I would meet with clients and discuss the goals for the photoshoot and then begin the sessions with them. During this time I would create a bond with the clients in order to get them comfortable in front of the camera. After the session I would sit with them and present them with all their creative options for their images. We would choose – more... their photos and framing options and create custom packages that suited their needs and wishes. From beginning to end I would ensure that all clients received a memorable experience that left them wanting to return or refer our services to friends and families. Although enjoyable, the hardest part was remaining energetic for the children all day but it kept my spirits up regardless. The most enjoyable part was witnessing the happiness clients developed by seeing photographs of their loved ones. I also enjoyed making connections with the clients. Overall, I loved what we offered clients through our creative and artistic photography and the fact that I was able to work in a place where I practiced my passion everyday! – less