Maersk

Maersk Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Pune, MHMay 7, 2014
Productive and flexible
flexible timing, fun to be with colleagues.
very nice experience with this company
A/B (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHMay 5, 2014
I feel more safety and facilities on job, ......................................................................................................................................................
Meeting my target on a monthly basis and will also indulge in Hr connect activities.
Process Associate (Current Employee), Chennai, TNApril 14, 2014
Pros: good environment and secured job
Cons: more weekend shifts
Good place to work and learned how to interact with co-workers in an corporate environment,also developed my soft skills as such.
Awesome place to work
Senior Assistant Manager - Projects (Former Employee), Pune, MHApril 9, 2014
Pros: nice place to work and great colleagues
Cons: during recession there was no proper plan and temporarily lost the strategic vision
Great place to work if you are in a commanding position.
Gives your space to think and do things
I had a great boss and the top management knows me by my name and met me to discuss on crucial projects.
Lots of learning and exposure
Manager - Contract Compliance (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHApril 6, 2014
Pros: subsidised food
Cons: extremely long hours
Lots of analytical work and less interaction with clients. Plenty of internal interaction.
Project Management
Technical Project Manager - A P Moller Maersk, UK (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch and free gym
God company to work for, however job in question is not what i had originally anticipated.
Productive and very promising company for female to work at
ACCOUNTANT (Former Employee), Seoul, KoreaFebruary 15, 2014
Responsible for overall payment related issues. Helped minimize financial risks by following company guidelines. Administered a wide variety of tasks using variety of software programs including spreadsheets, charts, reports and graphs. Published a worldwide used report of outstanding freight balances on weekly, monthly, yearly basis to help analyze – more... the problem and prepare for further action. Handled credit terms and conditions for major business partners’ based on the review of the major company’s credibility and back ground checks. – less
Process expert
Process expert (Current Employee), Mumbai (powai)February 10, 2014
Pros: 30
Cons: 1
Working with Maersk Global service centres (India) Pvt. Ltd. as Senior Officer handling responsibilities related to Logistics co-ordination & documentation
Ideal place to work
Collection Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2014
Maersk/Sea Land is an excellent career position with great compensation.
travel, crew, frienships
Pacer", Chief-Cook (Current Employee), offshoreJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: offshore work, crew
Cons: long time offshore
Prepare and conceive meals, prepare cold and hot
salads, prepare meals to the crew. Make sure all the stored food is rotated
properly. Mainly, prepare and supply food which is safe, avoiding food poisoning,
wastage, etc. Mind times and temperatures with cooked and stored food. Keep
and maintain all areas clean and tidy.
12h hour shifts
teamwork
having – more... fun doing the job – less
good
Vessel Superintendent (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 10, 2013
foreign owned company little or no interaction from the top down in dealing with the regular employees.
Deadlines Deadlines Deadlines
Export Account Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no advancement
A TYPICAL DAY...
Determine all content and features for each print issue and website according to potential audience appeal.
• Oversee, train and guide staff, freelance writers and interns to ensure clear understanding of content.
• Manage all aspects of magazine production such as setting deadlines, proofing editorials and submitted final files to – more... the printer. • Liaise with in-house publisher, editors and graphic designer to ensure deadline completion as per the editorial calendar.
• Write various feature articles for both print magazine and website.
• Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with PR firms, media buyers and ad clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
• Strategize and implement all social media outlets ensuring adequate response to audience inquiries.
• Manage content and write copy for company’s social networks.

WHAT I LEARNED...
At Maersk, I learned the importance of time management and multi-tasking. I learned that the client isn't always right, but you can't ever tell them so. Most importantly, I learned that there is always room for improvement in any system or process.

MANAGEMENT
Amazing.

MY COWORKERS
My family.

HARDEST PART
Client complaints regarding US Customs regulations, because government agencies cannot be negotiated with.

MOST ENJOYABLE PART
Writing training manuals to improve our tedious systems and seeing the positive results. – less
good company
Able Seaman (Former Employee), ENGSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: 6 weeks at home
Cons: 6 weeks away from home
maersk are a good company to work for but not if you have a family as it requires to work away 6 weeks at a time
Productive and good work enviorment
Safety Advisor (Former Employee), Sale, ENGJune 18, 2013
Pros: good friendli enviorment
I am very friendly outgoing person. I like working in a team environment.
Good Company if you want to possibly relocate.
Senior Equipment Control Dispatch Specialist (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXMay 14, 2013
Pros: layoffs
Cons: great benefits
Great benefits, but they have had many layoffs making the company not as stable as they once were.
good company.
Equipment Planner (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2013
good people to work with. management was great. pay was low and benefits and family life balance were lacking
Supervisor
Marine Supervisor (Current Employee), Savannah, GaApril 28, 2013
I learned how to supervise and organize on a mass scale. The ports authority slows for no reasons. You learn to keep up or ship out. Only the best and most efficient supervisors are able to keep up with the required work load output.
Worked in two different time periods
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Madison, NJApril 14, 2013
Pros: wonderful culture and work environment
Cons: n/a
Latest 9/00 - 11/01 Adm. Assistant - Human Resources; Routine secretarial job functions including special projects. There was a lot of interaction with management as well as employees. I especially enjoyed being the chair of the company picnic. I conducted meetings as well as monitored sub-committee meetings.

5/89 - 8/97 Adm. Assistant to Director – more... and CEO

I enjoyed the diversity of this position which included administrative support regarding the opening of Maersk's first office in South America. I also enjoyed researching financial information of competitors and providing reports to management. – less
ABLE SEAMAN
ABLE BODIED SEAMAN (Former Employee), ON SHIPApril 13, 2013
I have worked as a ABLE BODIED Seaman at MAERSK SHIPPING COMPANY i have completed more than 36 months of seaservice. i have learn all the navigation operation as well as cargo operation , it was a gd contract period for me i worked thr for 9 moths or depending on my contract like for 6 months as well.
Benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), The Woodlands, TXMarch 16, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: you pay a surcharge to add your spouse
They offer good benefits, some of the best around for this date and time.