Pros: great benefits
Cons: no advancement
A TYPICAL DAY...
Determine all content and features for each print issue and website according to potential audience appeal.
• Oversee, train and guide staff, freelance writers and interns to ensure clear understanding of content.
• Manage all aspects of magazine production such as setting deadlines, proofing editorials and submitted final files to the printer. • Liaise with in-house publisher, editors and graphic designer to ensure deadline completion as per the editorial calendar.
• Write various feature articles for both print magazine and website.
• Develop strategic partnerships and alliances with PR firms, media buyers and ad clients to ensure long-lasting relationships.
• Strategize and implement all social media outlets ensuring adequate response to audience inquiries.
• Manage content and write copy for company’s social networks.
WHAT I LEARNED...
At Maersk, I learned the importance of time management and multi-tasking. I learned that the client isn't always right, but you can't ever tell them so. Most importantly, I learned that there is always room for improvement in any system or process.
Client complaints regarding US Customs regulations, because government agencies cannot be negotiated with.
MOST ENJOYABLE PART
Writing training manuals to improve our tedious systems and seeing the positive results.