MacLean Engineering Employee Reviews

Couldn.t be worse
General Labourer/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON23 June 2017
Adopted the saying, "it could always be worse", untill I worked there. Absolutely the worst place to work ever! Poor management with a lot of cross shift problems. Stay away from this company...period!!!
Pros
It was close to home
Cons
Everything else!
Productive, Challenges, Flexible
Assembler, Material Handler, Painter, Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON28 April 2017
Growth of knowledge is available to those that seek it. Jobs are varied in departments giving all an opportunity to learn different parts of the assigned work orders.
Pros
Fun Enjoyable
Solid workforce support
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 March 2016
In every task i was asked to do , every option of safety and training was offered. With three different departments it required strong communication on all levels to provide our customers with top quality products. It was great to be part of a company that is leading the way in "green" large scale manufacturing and recycling.
Pros
excellent benefits, and a focus on workplace safety
Poor place to work
Facilities Maintenance Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound , Ontario16 December 2014
Management will treat you very bad every opportunity they get. Use you to help them achieve what ever they want and then terminate your employment. Very bad place to work.
Great place to work if you're just starting out!
publishing assistant (Former Employee) –  collingwood, ON12 November 2014
This was my first full-time job as a student and I found that it was a great place to start out and gain experience needed for my field of work. As a publishing assistant I had the lowest position in the department but I always felt like I was part of the team and was contributing to the companies overall work production rate. The salary rate was definitely a plus and the management for my department was top notch.
Pros
Experience, wages, co-workers
Cons
long-hours
MacLean Engineering
Customer Liaison / Assembler / Fitter (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 September 2014
From the production floor to underground mines, MacLean Engineering brings challenges to each piece of equipment manufactured
Unorganised chaos - too many chiefs not enough workers.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 August 2013
System driven - even if it is wrong. I brought system issues to upper management - told to basically butt out.
Plenty of management rivalries which were responsible for low morale.
Confusion and disorganization.
Pros
most employees were good to work with
Cons
see previous comments
no respect for a person's knowledge
Production Planner / Material Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, Ontario2 January 2013
Worst place I have ever worked at. Even though I had 20+ years experience in planning, my opinion counted for nothing. When the plant manager brought in his plan which was a manual obsolete system, my negativity to his plan got me fired.