MacLean Engineering

MacLean Engineering Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to work if you're just starting out!
publishing assistant (Former Employee), collingwood, ONNovember 12, 2014
Pros: experience, wages, co-workers
Cons: long-hours
This was my first full-time job as a student and I found that it was a great place to start out and gain experience needed for my field of work. As a publishing assistant I had the lowest position in the department but I always felt like I was part of the team and was contributing to the companies overall work production rate. The salary rate was definitely a plus and the management for my department was top notch.
MacLean Engineering
Customer Liaison / Assembler / Fitter (Former Employee), Collingwood, ONSeptember 4, 2014
From the production floor to underground mines, MacLean Engineering brings challenges to each piece of equipment manufactured
Challenging and busy position with a huge learning curve.
Parts Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: a progressive canadian owned and operated company and i value that .
Cons: not extremely stable as i mentioned due to the fluctuating and challenged mineral market at present.
A typical day was filled with inventory review, control and ordering. Parts were coordinated between 4 company branches. Not having a mining or mine equipment background it was quite challenging to learn the parts systems and process of coordination. A new software and ordering process was installed in my time there and this was also a challenge not only for myself but for all levels of company employees. – more... My cooworkers were very good to work with. The hardest part of the job was that this position, and all positions at MacLean Engineering were totally dependant on the mineral and mine market. Currently this volatile and unfortuneately due to necessary cut-backs myself and six other employees were laid off with no notice. I would consider the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning curve, learning a new industry and how it interplayed with other mines and business in our region which is heavily employed in the mining industry. Very interesting from that perspective. – less
Unorganised chaos - too many chiefs not enough workers.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Barrie, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: most employees were good to work with
Cons: see previous comments
System driven - even if it is wrong. I brought system issues to upper management - told to basically butt out.
Plenty of management rivalries which were responsible for low morale.
Confusion and disorganization.
no respect for a person's knowledge
Production Planner / Material Expeditor (Former Employee), Collingwood, OntarioJanuary 2, 2013
Worst place I have ever worked at. Even though I had 20+ years experience in planning, my opinion counted for nothing. When the plant manager brought in his plan which was a manual obsolete system, my negativity to his plan got me fired.