MacLean Engineering Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to work if you're just starting out!
publishing assistant (Former Employee) –  collingwood, ON12 November 2014
This was my first full-time job as a student and I found that it was a great place to start out and gain experience needed for my field of work. As a publishing assistant I had the lowest position in the department but I always felt like I was part of the team and was contributing to the companies overall work production rate. The salary rate was definitely a plus and the management for my department was top notch.
Pros
Experience, wages, co-workers
Cons
long-hours
Unorganised chaos - too many chiefs not enough workers.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON21 August 2013
System driven - even if it is wrong. I brought system issues to upper management - told to basically butt out.
Plenty of management rivalries which were responsible for low morale.
Confusion and disorganization.
Pros
most employees were good to work with
Cons
see previous comments
no respect for a person's knowledge
Production Planner / Material Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, Ontario2 January 2013
Worst place I have ever worked at. Even though I had 20+ years experience in planning, my opinion counted for nothing. When the plant manager brought in his plan which was a manual obsolete system, my negativity to his plan got me fired.
Poor place to work
Facilities Maintenance Lead Hand/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound , Ontario16 December 2014
Management will treat you very bad every opportunity they get. Use you to help them achieve what ever they want and then terminate your employment. Very bad place to work.
Challenging and busy position with a huge learning curve.
Parts Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 January 2014
A typical day was filled with inventory review, control and ordering. Parts were coordinated between 4 company branches. Not having a mining or mine equipment background it was quite challenging to learn the parts systems and process of coordination. A new software and ordering process was installed in my time there and this was also a challenge not only for myself but for all levels of company employees. My cooworkers were very good to work with. The hardest part of the job was that this position, and all positions at MacLean Engineering were totally dependant on the mineral and mine market. Currently this volatile and unfortuneately due to necessary cut-backs myself and six other employees were laid off with no notice. I would consider the most enjoyable part of the job was the learning curve, learning a new industry and how it interplayed with other mines and business in our region which is heavily employed in the mining industry. Very interesting from that perspective.
Pros
a progressive Canadian owned and operated company and I value that .
Cons
Not extremely stable as I mentioned due to the fluctuating and challenged mineral market at present.
MacLean Engineering
Customer Liaison / Assembler / Fitter (Former Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 September 2014
From the production floor to underground mines, MacLean Engineering brings challenges to each piece of equipment manufactured