- Install, configure and administer shop floor devices and desktops
- Install new servers according to company server standards
- Proactively monitor server capacity (hard disks, CPUs, usage, Etc.)
- Periodically review system log files
- Deploy monitoring solutions to servers under system engineer guidance
- Evaluate existing server and storage architecture for vulnerabilities, failure points, and general opportunities to improve system performance
- Implement backup solutions according to system engineer designs and ensure proper system backup and restore files are available
- Plan server upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor supplied patches
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.
- Where required, install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot associated end user software and networking software products.
- Perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex hardware problems for a variety of end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair as needed.
- Respond to server, application incidents
- Troubleshoot Client VPN issues
- Write technical specifications for purchase of corporate technology equipment, networking hardware, and related products.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and corporate technology needs.
- Aid in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises in accordance with business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Conduct research on, and make recommendations for, hardware products in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Identify and deliver required hardware and network service levels according to company policies.
- Liaise with, and provide training and support to, end users and staff on equipment operation and other issues.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding hardware problems.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all hubs, routers, switches, bridges, server boxes, cabling, and other networking equipment.
- Document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and supervise contract-based installations.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform hardware and peripheral equipment improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Excellent technical knowledge of corporate server, networking, and other hardware, including SAN, VLan, Blade Chassis, VPN, LAN and WAN connectivity, Cisco Switches (An asset), Routing, Switching, Wireless Technologies, DNS, Active Directory, Network Security.
- Strong hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience regarding LAN and WAN connectivity, network performance, all hardware types (e.g. end devices, servers, network hardware, etc)
- Extensive equipment support experience with IBM x-series servers and Blade chassis, Cisco switches, wireless technologies, Blackberry devices, Antivirus and end-device/network security.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, software, and standards, including Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008 Server, SQL Server, Linux (Red Hat), MS Office 2007/2010/2013, Microsoft Dynamics 10, Active Directory, DNS, VMware (ESX Server) virtualization, VLAN, VPN, TCP/IP, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2010, PowerShell Scripting, Backup and Recovery Configuration and Management, Blackberry Enterprise Server.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware products and issues as required.
- University degree in computer science or software engineering.
- Three to five years work related experience
- Advanced hardware, software and networking proficiency
If you meet the outlined qualifications and are interested in this position, please submit your résumé quoting File Number VAC13-40.
Please note that this position is located in Oshawa, Ontario.
Indeed - 4 months ago
Mackie Harley-Davidson® is a family business founded on honesty, integrity and strong support of our community.