Mackenzie Health Employee Reviews

Level of teamwork is exceptional
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON10 May 2017
We provide a high quality of nursing care to our patients and their families utilizing the nursing process, following established standards of practice both within the hospital and the profession.
Pros
Health care staff very knowledgeable and apporoachable
Cons
Current pay, not consistent with competitive unions in GTA
Caretaker
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 May 2017
I worked as a volunteer. great environment and the people you meet are amazing. Would try again if the opportunity presents itself. The skills i obtained was leadership and multitasking. culture and management are great as well.
Pros
fulfillment, experience, and meet great people
Workplace
Administrative Assistant - Director (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON4 April 2017
Mackenzie Health is a great place to work. The environment and culture is modeled towards its patients and staff.

Executive and management staff are very open and friendly. The physicians are helpful and generous
new innovations to improve health care delivery.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 February 2017
mackenzie richmond hill hospital is a great place to work. it is a hospital committed to safety & quality patient care. it is a place committed to safe & caring environment where everyone is treated with kindness, dignity, compassion, courtesy & respect.
I dont want to write a review
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON9 January 2017
I work with Great Co workers. 12 hour shifts, days and nights. Great management on some of the units. Work on medicine/dialysis/oncology unit with very busy days
Amazing patients and nurses
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 December 2016
Mackenzie health itself is a great place to work or volunteer. The patients have taught me so much on acceptance and on resilience. I have witnessed patients experience terrible illnesses but they have always been friendly to me and rarely complain. Mackenzie health will teach you to be a responsible and independent person and will teach you so much on how to be exceptional at customer/ patient care.The management is considerate, and the hours are always flexible.
Great people!
Instructor Therapist (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON28 October 2016
-Team based approach to service.
-Collaborative approach to building new initiatives.
-Very good opportunities for professional development and learning new skills.
-Data driven.
-Very good hours.
Pros
Making a difference in my community
Cons
Salary is moderate
Hospital Environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON25 September 2016
Working at Mackenzie Health has been a great experience.
Co-workers and management are very helpful and appreciative
Pros
good management, pleasant co-workers
Cons
work hours are all over the place, some people do not pull their weight
Pharmacy Dept is good.
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON25 August 2016
Mackenzie Health is moving forward with bar-coding to help with patient care and provide a safer environment.I believe it is a great idea and a positive for patient care.
Fast Paced Environment Where Attention To Detail Is Essential
Patient Trasnporter (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 August 2016
A great team of nurses, tech's and dr's come together to make Mackenzie Health an impeccable hospital.

I am responsible for taking patients to and from various diagnostic imaging tests and surgeries. My job is heavily focused on punctuality and safety of patients.
Pros
An eye opener to life
Cons
Relationships made with people terminally ill.
Mackenzie Health Hospital
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON27 July 2016
What a place to work. Mackenzie Health has taught me so much about the world we live in, health care, culture, ethic, family values
and the list continues. Working in an emergency room things change by the minute. If there is one thing i will take away from Mackenzie Health is that they are a real TEAM oriented bunch. Working together in cohesion I've seen on numerous occasions literally saves lives.
I have an immense respect for the nursing staff, tech's, Dr and everybody else that makes the hospital run as smooth as it does.
Pros
You develop some fantastic relationships with coworkers and patients.
Cons
Its hard to disassociate feelings from work.
TOXIC ENVIRONMENT.......Constantly being watched by power tripping managers
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 October 2015
Toxic environment.......Human resources does not do their job and allows management to abuse staff. Was proud to work for this organization until new management came in with personal agenda. If you come to work, do your job, keep your mouth shut and say yes to everything...............this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
Poor mangement, Useless Human Resources
Exciting, stressful, demanding
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  RichmondHill21 September 2015
In charge of organizing work assignments according to acuity and staff experience.
changing assignments according to city which was changing at a moments notice.
responsible for all staff on shift and acting as a resource when needed
conflict resolution between staff or pt. and staff.
Floor staff helping women in labour and delivery.
Enjoyed being part of the creation of a new family.
difficult working with families experiencing a loss
Pros
Able to change shifts to accommodate family life
Cons
shift work
Toxic environment that sucks the life force out of you
Service (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill15 August 2015
One of the worst places to work. Your best day will be the day you quit or get terminated. Incredible that health minister has not shut the establishment down for the way the management treat their staff. Unless you are willing to kiss up to management you will never get promoted even though you have the qualifications. If you have a backbone and stand up for your rights management retaliates against you.
Pros
Cons
Management is horrible.
work life balance
CT Medical Radiation Technologist (Current Employee) –  richmond hill toronto3 July 2015
Depending on your nature and skill set depends on your work environment and how you fit in and develop. The shifts are variable, as there is a 24 hour shift pattern.
there is a lot of communication issues between departments, which makes everyone's day much busier, this makes the job difficult. the most enjoyable part of the day is first thing in the morning and last thing in your shift.
Pros
nice, friendly amenable staff in most departments
Cons
expensive &poor parking facilities for staff
Great Human Resource experience!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill17 April 2015
Working at Mackenzie was such an amazing environment to be apart of and i'm very grateful for my time spent there. It taught me a lot about the Human Resource Department. I was exposed to every little thing starting from Recruitments, Compensation and Benefits, Negotiations - Employee Relations and Labor Management, and Organizational and Learning Development.

The most enjoyable part was to formulate performance reviews, and also to talk to various employees from the different sectors of the Hospital; help them with their HR needs, and answer their queries.

I definitely enjoyed going to work at Mackenzie Health. Not only because I love being in the Human Resource Department, but because I developed many positive relationships there and the environment was an amazing unit to be apart of.
Pros
Positive Environment (lots to learn from), friendly co-workers, welcoming atmosphere, good benefits packages
Cons
Not a lot of room for career advancement, a lot of things are very manual instead of being computerized
Amazing Place To Work At!!
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON24 March 2015
Working at Mackenzie was such an amazing environment to be apart of and i'm very grateful for my time spent there!! Everyone was amazing- to the nurses , doctors, psw's ...the whole multidisciplinary team. I admired the fact that everyone took so much pride in their work , and nurses took pride in their patients.

I learned so much from the director of care and my supervising nurse on the unit. I believe i became a much better nurse because of Mackenzie health. Everyday i learned something new , everyday was a learning process for me. I want to thank the whole staff for that. Even the personal Support workers helped me out when in need! The team work skills were amazing on that unit and I became a much better team player because of my experience there.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be the residents on the unit!! I developed many positive relationships with my patients due to effective therapeutic skills and building that trust-especially by having patience with them. I miss all my patients dearly.

I definitely enjoyed going to work at Mackenzie health! Not only because I love being a nurse, but because I developed many positive relationships there and the Environment was an amazing unit to be apart of.

I became a better nurse and person while working at Mackenzie health. I grew and matured so much into the nurse that I wanted to become because of Mackenzie - and to this day, I'm still very grateful for that experience.
Pros
Great Staff Members and Patients
Cons
No Cons For Me Personally
Enjoyed stress free Tuesdays, pot luck day with colleagues.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON13 March 2015
I enjoyed working with the BSO. but working within contract deadlines is very stressful. A typical day at work, was to travel to various LTC homes in the GTA and observe clients responsive behaviours. I enjoyed working with the PSW's. The hardest part of the job was leaving work at work and finding the right words and thoughts into creating an individualized behaviour plan. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with my colleagues and other health care professionals.
Pros
Enjoyed the travelling.
Enjoy working for the company, staff and management supportive
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2015
Very co-operative employees, always willing to lend a hand and fill in. We work very well together, Everyone answers the call bells in a timely manner, support each other. Management listens to concerns of staff and provide updates during meetings. Vacation, time off granted most of the time, reasonable explanation given if or when the request is rejected. This surgical department is busy with frequent admissions and discharges but everyone assists as needed. Physicians and Pharmacists available. The hardest part is to explain to patients why their surgeries or procedures are delayed. I am happy when patients are well enough to be discharged, the gratitude they offer. It is a comfortable working environment.
Pros
Lunch and learn at times. Staff/Physicians buy treats.
Cons
At times short breaks, complex and acute patients to care for, help is available
Rewarding Work
Instructor Therapist (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 December 2014
The day is split into two sessions, morning and afternoon. Provide one-to-one intervention to children who have Autism. Each session is a conducted with a combination of discrete trials and naturalistic teaching methods. All programs are complete in the morning and afternoon. Data is collected and program protocols are followed.
Pros
competive wages
Cons
Contract positions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mackenzie Health. Our community is ready to answer.