Mackenzie Health

Mackenzie Health Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work life balance
CT Medical Radiation Technologist (Current Employee), richmond hill torontoJuly 3, 2015
Pros: nice, friendly amenable staff in most departments
Cons: expensive &poor parking facilities for staff
Depending on your nature and skill set depends on your work environment and how you fit in and develop. The shifts are variable, as there is a 24 hour shift pattern.
there is a lot of communication issues between departments, which makes everyone's day much busier, this makes the job difficult. the most enjoyable part of the day is first thing in the morning and last thing in your shift.
Great Human Resource experience!
Human Resources Intern (Current Employee), Richmond HillApril 17, 2015
Pros: Positive Environment (lots to learn from), friendly co-workers, welcoming atmosphere, good benefits packages
Cons: Not a lot of room for career advancement, a lot of things are very manual instead of being computerized
Working at Mackenzie was such an amazing environment to be apart of and i'm very grateful for my time spent there. It taught me a lot about the Human Resource Department. I was exposed to every little thing starting from Recruitments, Compensation and Benefits, Negotiations - Employee Relations and Labor Management, and Organizational and Learning Development.

The most enjoyable part was to formulate performance reviews, and also to talk to various employees from the different sectors of the Hospital; help them with their HR needs, and answer their queries.

I definitely enjoyed going to work at Mackenzie Health. Not only because I love being in the Human Resource Department, but because I developed many positive relationships there and the environment was an amazing unit to be apart of.
Amazing Place To Work At!!
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Richmond Hill, ONMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Great Staff Members and Patients
Cons: No Cons For Me Personally
Working at Mackenzie was such an amazing environment to be apart of and i'm very grateful for my time spent there!! Everyone was amazing- to the nurses , doctors, psw's ...the whole multidisciplinary team. I admired the fact that everyone took so much pride in their work , and nurses took pride in their patients.

I learned so much from the director of care and my supervising nurse on the unit. I believe i became a much better nurse because of Mackenzie health. Everyday i learned something new , everyday was a learning process for me. I want to thank the whole staff for that. Even the personal – more... Support workers helped me out when in need! The team work skills were amazing on that unit and I became a much better team player because of my experience there.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me would be the residents on the unit!! I developed many positive relationships with my patients due to effective therapeutic skills and building that trust-especially by having patience with them. I miss all my patients dearly.

I definitely enjoyed going to work at Mackenzie health! Not only because I love being a nurse, but because I developed many positive relationships there and the Environment was an amazing unit to be apart of.

I became a better nurse and person while working at Mackenzie health. I grew and matured so much into the nurse that I wanted to become because of Mackenzie - and to this day, I'm still very grateful for that experience. – less
Enjoyed stress free Tuesdays, pot luck day with colleagues.
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Stouffville, ONMarch 13, 2015
Pros: enjoyed the travelling.
I enjoyed working with the BSO. but working within contract deadlines is very stressful. A typical day at work, was to travel to various LTC homes in the GTA and observe clients responsive behaviours. I enjoyed working with the PSW's. The hardest part of the job was leaving work at work and finding the right words and thoughts into creating an individualized behaviour plan. The most enjoyable part of the job was collaborating with my colleagues and other health care professionals.
Enjoy working for the company, staff and management supportive
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2015
Pros: lunch and learn at times. staff/physicians buy treats.
Cons: at times short breaks, complex and acute patients to care for, help is available
Very co-operative employees, always willing to lend a hand and fill in. We work very well together, Everyone answers the call bells in a timely manner, support each other. Management listens to concerns of staff and provide updates during meetings. Vacation, time off granted most of the time, reasonable explanation given if or when the request is rejected. This surgical department is busy with frequent admissions and discharges but everyone assists as needed. Physicians and Pharmacists available. The hardest part is to explain to patients why their surgeries or procedures are delayed. I am happy when patients are well enough to be discharged, the gratitude they offer. It is a comfortable working environment.
ok
Behavioural Consultant (Former Employee), richmond hillFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work but news some new ideas to revitalize the place they keep doing the same old thing year after year
Rewarding Work
Instructor Therapist (Current Employee), Barrie, ONDecember 31, 2014
Pros: competive wages
Cons: contract positions
The day is split into two sessions, morning and afternoon. Provide one-to-one intervention to children who have Autism. Each session is a conducted with a combination of discrete trials and naturalistic teaching methods. All programs are complete in the morning and afternoon. Data is collected and program protocols are followed.
repetitive, boring work
Patient/ Linen Transporter (evenings/weekends) (Current Employee), richmond hillOctober 7, 2014
enjoy interacting with the patients. very easy work, management is terrible.
Register Practical Nurse
Student Nurse (Consolidation) (Current Employee), Barie ONAugust 26, 2014
Excitement work play that co workers are willing to work as a team.
good workoplace
Patient Transporter (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
I like my job but unfortunately its not in my field. I miss lab .also sometimes pushing stretchers are really hard for me . My co-workers are nice .
Great place to work at.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), richmond hill, onFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: its a physical job.
Its a great place to work in. The people there make all the difference. From the Management to the co workers. Its a good plaCE TO WORK.

The hardest part would be that we keep running out of supplies, the menu is changed quite often and that is something that needs to be looked into. but overall a nice place to work in.
Fun place to work at, understanding Management and good benefit package.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), RICHMOND HILLSeptember 13, 2013
Pros: benefit package for part timers.
Cons: everything is based on seniority
A typical full day at work: Go to the main kitchen, get all the cold food items and things that you may need for the day (like milk, bread, etc) and take them to your kitchen in the LTC. Put all the items away and start setting up the tables, change menus and set up dirty carts. You also have to make two nourishment carts for each kitchen.
Since i've joined there, have learn t a lot about how important temperatures play in the life of ready to eat food. the use of gloves - disposable and otherwise.
very mature management. deals fairly,
its a pleasure to work with the team there.
dish-washing
when all of us on different floors meet up for our breaks and talk shop:-)
Mackenzie Health hospital is a very good workplace, its fun and lots of skills to learn while on duty.
Registered Practical Nurse - OHU (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONJuly 19, 2013
A typical day at work is always busy but very challenging. I have learned vital skills in OHU, such as: incident reports, sick time, wsib case mngt, immunization & immunity status and etc. The management style is always changing for the better in this hospital. The co-workers are friendly, respectful and has excellent work ethics. It's for sure one of the most multicultural & family oriented hospital environment. Every single day of work I treasure and I enjoy as I will carry all these experience with me along the way in order to be a very good and effective nurse.
productive
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Richmond Hill, ONApril 23, 2013
Pros: on your toes
Cons: long hours
the company will make you achieve goals that will better enhance your career and make you a better person.
Environmental Associate (Current Employee), Richmond Hills, OntarioApril 3, 2013
Pros: good management
Mackenzie health is a good environment to work with good stuff. I have improved my leadership,problem solving and critical thinking from this work place.
Pros: good management
great place to work
Scheduling Officer/Team Leader (Current Employee), Leader, SKFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits and continues training
Cons: lack of growth
encouraged work/life balance, encouraged diversity and family oriented

About Mackenzie Health

Mackenzie Health Opened in 1963 (formerly York Central Hospital), Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital is a large community hospital – Read more