Mackenzie Health Employee Review

View all Mackenzie Health reviews

Productive and structured environment
Perform as a Physiotherapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 June 2013
A typical day entails, meeting with the physiotherapists, creating a schedule of which patients needs to be seen, assist the physiotherapist in transferring patients and ambulation, and making sure patients have been brought to the gym for morning and afternoon exercises. The management team provide plenty of educational in services and provide ample training experiences in different departments. The hardest part is rearranging the schedule if patients are not ready at their particular time. The most enjoyable part of the day is witnessing the reactions of patients when they see the improvement that was made.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers, welcoming atmosphere
Cons
Irregular Hours

Other Mackenzie Health Employee Reviews

Toxic environment
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON30 November 2017
Pharmacy management and senior leaders do not support staff They lack experience in doing the actual work, and are great smooth talkers. They speak of engagement but lacks action. Instead they are always ready to point the blame on staff when there is a mistake, despite staff that work very hard and who go above and beyond. Senior management paints a very different picture of the processes when in fact, it’s flawed with mistakes and an accident waiting to happen. There are staff who have their contracts renewed for many years, and yet will never get a full time position because the hospital tries to cut costs. There is no reward for hard work! They could have the best Hospital software and technology in the world, but if they don’t Support staff how can the hospital staff provide a “world class healthcare experience” which is their vision.
Pros
Good pharmacists and technicians who care
Growth in my work
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON26 November 2017
I have grown in the past 3 and a half years of my job. I have been able to be more efficient and productive in writing my assessments and Behavior Support Plans as well.
Pros
Education opportunities
Cons
deadlines