Competition Number: 12-531
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Occupational Health and Safety
Reports To: Manager, Occupational Health & Safety
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2012-12-04
The Case Management Specialist is responsible for the function of disability case management, from an employee’s initial injury/illness through to resolution; either full return, modified work, permanent accommodation or acceptance by the hospital’s long term disability insurance carrier.
The Case Management Specialist is responsible for ensuring the day to day operation of the Occupational Health Unit, in order to contribute to the overall health and safety of Mackenzie Health employees.
- Degree in Nursing, baccalaureate degree preferred
- Registered Nurse with current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Diploma/Certificate from a recognized college in Occupational Health Nursing, or in progress.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing [COHN(C)] from Canadian Nurses Association, or in progress.
- Current OOHNA membership preferred
- Certificate in Disability Management is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations as well as infection control protocols consistent with the OHA/OMA Guidelines, MOHLTC directives and current infection control practices.
- Knowledgeable with the requirements of the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act and HOODIP
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an occupational health nurse in a unionized, health care environment
- 3 years of experience in STD, LTD, WSIB case management, including modified work programs
- Strong communication and analytical skills required. Exceptional customer service, problem solving and organizations skills and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Power Point and Parklane at an intermediate level.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment utilizing Word, and Excel.
- Proven attendance record.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Indeed - 12 months ago