Competition Number: 12-488
Status: Permanent Full Time
Department: Human Resources Services
Reports To: Chief, Human Resources Officer
Hours: Days; 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2012-11-14
Reporting to the Chief of Human Resources Officer, the Manager Staffing Services brings a wealth of experience in master scheduling and timekeeping expertise. The Manager, Staffing Services will be responsible for the daily operations of the department, providing on-going supervision and coaching of staffing clerks as well as providing process issue assistance and support to the Staffing office. You will be responsible for the ongoing maintenance of the computerized staff scheduling program (ESP) and timecard system (Kronos); facilitating and coordinating training on ESP/Kronos and timecard related issues to ensure consistent corporate standards are followed; assist managers with staffing and scheduling issues; develop a Staffing Service performance standard, gathers appropriate data and develops regular reports for all managers.
- Diploma from a recognized College in Business, Education or Health-related discipline (preferred)
- Experience working with a computerized scheduling program. (ESP preferred)
- Experience working with a computerized timekeeping program. (Kronos preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of staff scheduling and master rotations.
- Strong customer service skills and experience in performance management and improvement
- Understanding of Collective Agreements and scheduling rules within a hospital environment, preferred but not essential.
- Proven skills and ability in training, teaching adults, and conducting presentations.
- Superior communication, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Excellent computer end-user skills
- Strong customer service skills and display of core values
- Choose to work as a team member
- Ability to prioritize and meet goals
- Conflict resolution skills – able to establish effective working relationships while resolving difficult issues.
- Proven attendance record.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment
Indeed - 20 months ago
Mackenzie Health Opened in 1963 (formerly York Central Hospital), Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital is a large community hospital located in...