Competition Number: 12-650-ID
Status: Temporary Full-time (MLOA - Approx. 13 months) *Position to commence in May*
Program: Human Resources
Reports To: Manager, Employee Relations and Diversity
Hours: 37.5 hours (Monday to Friday), with occasional weekends and evenings
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Relations and Diversity, the EMRD Consultant will be the first point of contact for all employee relations, labour relations, diversity and accessibility concerns related to an assigned client group. The Consultant will establish and maintain professional and harmonious relationships with internal clients, external contacts, and bargaining agents. This position will also play a key lead in developing, supporting and maintaining positive union relationships. Responsible for providing proactive, effective labour relations services, including grievance handling, collective agreement interpretation, administering of projects and ongoing consultation to all levels of management
- Completion of a relevant university/college program, preferably in Industrial Relations
- Post-secondary Certificate in Human Resources Management. CHRP designation required;
- Minimum 3 - 5 years health care related experience in a customer focused HR Department; strong experience in employee/labour relations required.
- Sound working knowledge of current legislation, human resources practices and policies with a good knowledge of labour/employee relations;
- Good working knowledge of traditional HR services: recruitment, compensation and benefits;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal);
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative; strong problem solving, organization & analytical skills;
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritize & multi-task in a fast-paced environment with concurrent projects/deadlines;
- Sense of urgency to get priorities completed on time;
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required;
- Ability to deal with difficult or emotional people and situations;
- Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to maintain effectiveness during change and with minimal supervision;
- Ability to function under pressure and demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair mindedness;
- Working knowledge of HRIS; computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Attends Health and Safety and Patient Safety in-services and takes action to address unsafe conditions and procedures, to ensure a healthy a safe work environment.
- Proven attendance record.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Demonstrates understanding of, and compliance with, responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and the organizations’ health and safety plans, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of, compliance with, and commitment to, patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy;
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of contribution to patient and staff safety.
Indeed - 13 months ago