Competition Number: 12-600
Status: Permanent Full Time
Program: Communications and Public Affairs
Reports To: Chief, Communications and Public Affairs
Hours: Days, 7.5 Hour Shifts
Published here: 2013-01-10
As part of Mackenzie Health’s Communications and Public Affairs Team, the Communications and Public Affairs Consultant is responsible for playing a leadership role in the development, coordination and implementation of effective communications and public affairs plans and strategies to build awareness and support for Mackenzie Health, its two-hospital model of care and network of community based services. This position will also provide communications support for a wide variety of major events and initiatives in support of the hospital’s new brand and the implementation of its strategic plan.
- University degree or community college diploma or post-graduate certificate in communications/public relations with minimum five years, post graduate working experience.
- Successfully meets the challenges of working in a fast-paced, high profile, deadline-oriented environment as part of a high performing communications and public affairs team.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: healthcare public relations experience preferred.
- Experience in the development of communications plans in support major corporate initiatives including communications goals and objectives, key messages, strategies, implementation timelines and budgets.
- Strong communications project management, presentation and meeting leadership/facilitation skills.
- Ability to provide communications consultation and support to senior members of the leadership team, committees and task forces that help to support and strengthen the hospital’s brand.
- Significant experience in the planning and coordination of major corporate events including logistics, publicity/promotion, program development and speaker coordination.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Strong media relations experience including print, broadcast, online and social media.
- Website and/or intranet content development and management experience an asset.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Knowledge of InDesign, Dream Weaver and Access an asset.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver’s license and a reliable insured vehicle.
- Proven attendance record.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job and to work evenings and/or weekends in support of community engagement and community events as required.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health – Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Indeed - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mackenzie Health Opened in 1963 (formerly York Central Hospital), Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital is a large community hospital located in...