MacEwan University

MacEwan University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I really like the enviorment of the University since everyone seems to be really kind and open minded.
Minor in Buisness (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the classes are fun and quite easy.
Cons: there are actually no cons.
I am not working at MacEwan but doing a minor in Buisness. I am learning how to work with Canadians mostly and it is the first time I work with Canadians, I like the way they work and it is not that different from working with a European. I really enjoy working in a multicultural enviorment.
Excellent Faculty
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Behavioral Neuroscience LabAugust 27, 2014
--Excellent Faculty and opportunities to expand knowledge
--This is a university
Productive and educative workplace
lab monitor/book shlever (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
Productive and educative workplace. My supervisors were very helpfull, as i able to gain valuable skills from them for example organisation and time management.
The hardest part of my job was standing for extended hours while shelving books.
I enjoyed the interactions i had with my collegues and supervisors at the workplace, it was a friendly and hospitable – more... vibe – less
A combination of Innovation and Tradition in Nursing Education
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: job work/life balance
Long days and evening. Interesting classes. Very rewarding career teaching nursing students how to nurse. The job/work balance just became too much for me. I really liked my co-workers and management.
Productive and fun position, loved my manager
MacEwan Ambassador Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free professional development opportunities
Cons: long hours of working
Learned people skills and leadership training skills. Trained 50 students in leadership and was very challenging as the Ambassadors considered me as their peer and shared personal and professional thoughts with me. I loved to work with them with a mission and vision. We always worked as a team and I was a tool in bringing them together.
Clear job assignment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2013
Pros: clear job assignment; nice payment
Cons: not clear yet
I worked as a summer time research assistant for one Business School professor and collected some information about governing policies online. Later the materials we found were summarized to be one book chapter. Felt being needed and motivated.
Teaching and Student focused Institution
Administrator, School of Business (Current Employee), Edmonton, AlbertaJune 6, 2013
MacEwan is a forward thinking consultative organizaiton. They have a true passion for supporting a great student experience. A typical day revolved around interacting with administrators to collaborate on new innovatinve techniques to improve the quality of experience for new and existing students.