MacEwan University

MacEwan University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Excellent Faculty
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Behavioral Neuroscience LabAugust 27, 2014
--Excellent Faculty and opportunities to expand knowledge
--This is a university
Productive and educative workplace
lab monitor/book shlever (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 25, 2014
Productive and educative workplace. My supervisors were very helpfull, as i able to gain valuable skills from them for example organisation and time management.
The hardest part of my job was standing for extended hours while shelving books.
I enjoyed the interactions i had with my collegues and supervisors at the workplace, it was a friendly and hospitable – more... vibe – less
A combination of Innovation and Tradition in Nursing Education
Nursing Faculty (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 3, 2014
Pros: positive environment
Cons: job work/life balance
Long days and evening. Interesting classes. Very rewarding career teaching nursing students how to nurse. The job/work balance just became too much for me. I really liked my co-workers and management.
Top-heavy, imbalanced organizational structure; lack of leadership and effective performance management
Administrative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: social committee, organizational development day with keynotes
Cons: horrible disability management and support for employees with disabilities/impairments.
A very top-heavy, protectionist organizational culture with myriad, redundant levels of upper management, few of which seem to take an active role in implementing recommendations, changes or suggestions. Upper management/leadership also seem reluctant to become involved with performance management, coaching or helping subordinates develop a clear career – more... path. Divergent views, organizational change and conflicting messages create ambiguity and a culture of fear and uncertainty among low- and mid-level employees. This could be minimized were leadership to take a proactive approach to employee engagement, employee recognition, and internal communications

Great benefits but, depending on the manager, difficult to determine the correct or appropriate paths to professional development. HORRIBLE disability management and support for/accommodation of employee with disabilities/impairments. – less
Productive and fun position, loved my manager
MacEwan Ambassador Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABDecember 19, 2013
Pros: free professional development opportunities
Cons: long hours of working
Learned people skills and leadership training skills. Trained 50 students in leadership and was very challenging as the Ambassadors considered me as their peer and shared personal and professional thoughts with me. I loved to work with them with a mission and vision. We always worked as a team and I was a tool in bringing them together.
Clear job assignment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 9, 2013
Pros: clear job assignment; nice payment
Cons: not clear yet
I worked as a summer time research assistant for one Business School professor and collected some information about governing policies online. Later the materials we found were summarized to be one book chapter. Felt being needed and motivated.