Macadamian Technologies Employee Reviews

Value money more than people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC17 October 2017
The workers themselves are incredible people, great and friendly environment. Management needs some lessons on how to treat individuals. Incredibly high turnover rate and limited job security. Lateral growth is good but upwards mobility is unlikely.
Talent Acquisition Lead and Human Capital Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC6 February 2016
An awesome culture and the work environment is amazing. cutting edge techs and really smart people. the yearly hackaton is super fun
Creative, fun, and motivated team collaborative environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC4 November 2013
A Typical day at Macadamian is extremely busy. The hustle and bustle of managing multiple on-the-go project keeps you on your toes.

At Macadamian I've picked up Communication skills required to keep clients satisfied and deliver successful products. I've learned to manage client expectations gracefully with respect to their desires and I've gained the technical knowledge to explain what is possible within the project constraints.

The Management team at Macadamian is constantly working to improve processes and they truly keep in mind what is best for their employees. The company had experienced a major growth spurt recently and naturally the Management teams are working to keep process in line with new company structure as the company continues to grow.

My co-workers at Macadamian are some of my good friends. We know how to work hard and play hard. We keep each other motivated and creative with and open environment to share ideas. We have a blast at work!

The hardest part of my job is maintaining team momentum to stay on project schedule. The nature of software always has unforeseen challenges especially when working with new technologies. Since the majority of the projects at Macadamian are small 3-4 month projects there is little time to get "stuck". We must constantly stay motivated and deliver quality within these short windows. I'm always trying to get creative with problem solving. I've found the war room problem solving to be extremely successful and fast paced on the majority of my projects. It's important to keep the team motivated even when
  more... the challenges seem larger than life.  less
Pros
bi-weekly free pizza lunch
Cons
Lower than average salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Macadamian Technologies. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5