A Rare Opportunity...
Are you ready for the most exciting and rewarding opportunity of your career?
Then it’s time to join the MacLAREN McCANN Team!
We have a great opportunity for a full time Budget Coordinator at our downtown Toronto location.
Who We’re Looking For:
The Budget Coordinator is accountable for timely coordination of project financial reporting, billing, revenue recognition, and accurate analysis of project-related financial data. They act as a liaison between finance, account management, project management, and the client. They act as an early warning system by flagging potential financial variances. They are the compliance controllers for SOX and agency financial policies and procedures.
Your Accountability & Duties:
- Ensures all Agency and IPG financial policies and procedures are adhered to and notifies the supervisor of any issues.
- Setup, monitor, and maintain jobs in our financial/production system in association with our account management and project management teams.
- Prompt the account management and project management teams for all required paperwork to close jobs in a timely manner – may include the preparation of job closures and labour absorptions.
- Set up and maintain, Client Budget Control Reports (BCR), Labour Reconciliations, Revenue Tracking Scorecard, and other required tracking reports as required
- Monitor project financials and status for monthly BCR meetings.
- Leads monthly BCR meetings in support of Account and Project Management
- Input estimates/revisions into our financial/production system and traffic for approvals.
- Follow-up with account management, client, or other MM liaisons to get estimates back from the client in a timely manner.
- Input Purchase Orders and traffic for approvals as required
- Advise Account Managers, Project Managers and Finance Manager of potential fee or cost overages, or other related job problems requiring attention.
- Create fee billing instruction and liaise with accounting on all job billing.
- Approve draft billing prior to live billing being issued to client.
- Working with the account leads, help prepare, calculate and track revenue forecasts for their respective clients; providing updates to senior leadership as required.
- Assist with the preparation of month-end revenue reconciliation and recognition.
- Prepare Client Accrual lists as required.
- Provide help and back up to Agency Accounts Receivable department to manage client receivables.
- Liaison with Intercompany Financial counterparts and Finance Departments in regards to client budget, outstanding estimate issues, billing, or other related financial problems.
- Other tasks as assigned.
What You Bring to the Team:
- Minimum of 1-4 years’ experience working in a Bookkeeping/Accounting environment.
- Post-secondary educations in business with a certificate or diploma in business with an accounting focus. An Accounting designation is not required
- SAP Experience would be an asset
- Strong knowledge of Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to take initiative and demonstrated team player
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of data inputs
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Willingness to learn new process and systems
- Experience working within an advertising/communication agency an asset.
If you are a qualified, experienced and talented candidate that thinks that you could be a rock star in this role, we invite you to apply via LinkedIn OR on www.maclaren.com*. Please quote *“Budget Coordinator” in the subject line of your e-mail. We kindly request that you apply via one method only, once only. Multiple applications are not necessary and are frowned upon. No phone calls please. Only candidates requested for interviews will be contacted. MacLaren McCann offers amazing opportunities, great compensation packages with excellent benefits and employee perks programs. For more information, check out*www.maclaren.com* today!
Indeed - 11 months ago
MacLaren McCann Canada Inc. is a multi-disciplined integrated advertising agency that is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Interpublic Group...