Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Responsible and fun work place
Stock analyst and Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 10, 2014
It is good to be an employee of this store where i gained experience in customer service and Analyzing stock.
Cashier / Customer service
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
•Dealing with customers on cash desk.
•Responding to a high volume of customer inquiries and solving problems with positive can / do attitude.
not productive
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free beverages
Cons: not satisfactory pay rate
good management
unity of command
unity of direction
friendly environment
fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 24, 2014
• Skilled in areas of order processing and stock control.
• Revise bills of materials and prepare requisitions for purchasing.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other – more... aspects of customer service.
• Ability to resolve conflict situations and influence acceptance of ideas while maintaining the customer relationship.
• Experience of working in fast pace environment with maintaining policies and procedures of the store.
• Supervising all aspects of operation in absence of owner. – less
Macs store
Postal Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: long hours on foot for 12 hours
Relax but very busy job. On foot all day long, no breaks. Majority customers only come for only one product. Not very regular customers. Most of them are bad & rude, theft is high cannot pinpoint if they are stealing. Boss & coworkers are all very helpful and cooperative. When people drive-off with gas without paying it is hard to cope as it is going – more... from your pocket. – less
Great customers and fellow employees not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONJuly 4, 2014
Okay job, the other emplyees were great however management would sometimes go away for a few days without saying anything and when new management took over they bullied you in front of customers.
Fast paced working environment with lot of new things to learn
Assistant Manager-Cashier (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good working environment, good relation between management and workers
Cons: nothing
Every day start with spending some time as customer service representative and after that ordering of the things. Managements holds the key to direct us and we have to follow it. Friendly environment even the busy times go so fast. Jobs are always to prove yourself so still no hardest part of job. I enjoy working and I really enjoyed every bit of time – more... during work. – less
Fun and a very safe place to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: walking distance from our place
Cons: short hours
I worked there for almost 2 years now but I realized that nothing changes, I mean I never get promotion even though I know everything I do such as the end of the day paper works. Then a question came up to my mind asking "how can i get promotion if this business is a family business?". I never thought of that earlier then I now I planned to find a better – more... job with a better promotion in the future. – less
It was fun!
Customer service (Current Employee), KitchenerJune 19, 2014
Working at Mac's teaches you how to serve people in a safe and friendly environment.
Very nice place to deal with new customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Nice and enjoyable workplace
Learned allot about customer service
Place to be
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 9, 2014
Pros: good location.great working conditions.
Cons: not really
I learnt from this company working as a team member. I got good customer service skills. I have made few changes in my attitude.Now i am so patience and calm.I know how to handle different situations. I love to deal with customers.
Not a good business.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: you can set your own schedule.
Cons: a lot to do but no money.
You are your own boss, nice slogan to use. In the end all comes to how much money you make. After paying your own employees, taxes, licenses, and big time shortages, you left nothing behind for you to maintain your life. A lot of responsibilities but no reward.
So I quit.
Small town gas station
Cashier (Former Employee), Arnprior, OnApril 22, 2014
Anyone who has been inside a gas station knows what it's like to work at a Mac's, especially in a small town. Wednesdays and Sunday's were Milk delivery days, Monday's we got the cigarettes and candy in, and every day we got the newspapers delivered. It was interesting working nights, but it wasn't very busy. I would sweep, mop and clean the floors, – more... bathrooms and outside, and do any small jobs that were needed – less
Good wages, and most importantly in the province of Alberta. Was really looking for such a job.
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2014
I have learnt the importance of customer satisfaction and how it can help in making long term relationships. I have been trained in such a way that I do not feel overburdened at any time. I know the importance of multi-tasking and in customer satisfaction.
Fast to balanced paced work
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2014
Pros: free food reasonable amount
Cons: very harsh penalty for a mistake
Teamwork
Physically good
Great staff, helpful
Good management system
it was fun doing this job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Barrie, ONMarch 26, 2014
I love to deal with different types of people. Management and co-workers were nice to deal with. It becomes some times hard to complete the shift end in rush-hours.
Productive and Fun
Manager (Former Employee), CanadaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
The store was very enjoyable to work at. I enjoy meeting new people everyday. I learned how to manage the store on my own and how to deal with reports and cashing up which moved me into a management roles.
Enjoyable Work Place
Midnight Worker (Former Employee), Barrie, ONFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: was able to have all weekends off
Cons: being alone most of the time
As a night worker at Mac's my duties included dealing with all customers in a timely fashion. Handling cash, debit, and all major credit cards. Cleaning all areas of the store, as well as shocking shelves, and taking inventory. Excepting food orders as they all came in at all hours of the night, and making sure all products where accounted for.
A good starting job for a student especially when he/she is new to Canada.
CSR (Former Employee), Peterborough, ONFebruary 7, 2014
Hard work and smartness coupled with dedication is required. Co-workers are friendly and so is the store managers. A fair amount of hours are given.
Great Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), CalgaryJanuary 30, 2014
I gained my management experience from there. The headoffice wanted me to get my own mac's but I wanted more professional work place.

1 2 3

About Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's continues to maintain a dynamic development schedule that leverages these strengths and our understanding of the communities – Read more

Mac's Convenience Store Photos