Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Pressure cooker culture...
Dealer / Independent store operator (Former Employee) –  Manitoba12 March 2017
If u own the franchise its a nightmare. You eill have to work everyday long hours. If you are good at maths you will find you are making minimum wage having a franchise.

Don't choose owning a franchise with macs or you eill be stuck in nowhere..

Very clever company and mean market managers and operations managers. Looks like they are being trained that way.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Long hours, pressure, unrealistic targets, poor management.
fun place to work while always learning
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 January 2017
I spent hours everyday doing data entry as well as serving customers, banking, ordering, scheduling, payroll. I learnt how to deal with different types of customer and their complaints, as well as how to provide excellent customer service. | was involved in hiring all different types of employees with different ethnic background and religious beliefs. The hardest part of my job was disiplining employees. The most enjoyable part of my job was entering data, helping customers and making sure that every person who came into my store was satisfied.
Pros
I loved everything about my job
Cons
having to be on call 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
exticting to meet various people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2017
Good to work and various kind of adventure is experienced.
great to deals with different problems. other all thing are better about filling whole store and showing right things to people and putting right thing at right place , etc . apart from that talking with people and making friend to regular customer and joy to talk with them about our life is to relaxing.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Bad at salary distribution on time
Worse place to work for!!!
Retail Store Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2016
This the most terrible place to work at. Weather you are at home in your bed or with your friends all the time you are thinking about the store and if everything is going ok. hoping that there is no shoplifting or arm robbery or a mystery shopper who might deduct points if you didn't up sell him. for the shoplifting Macs will charge you the retail price for the loss not the original price they bought the product at it. No benefits or pension.
Horrible management = horrible customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cashier19 January 2017
Ever woke up one day thinking "oh no! I have to work today!" I was terrified to even touch foot in such a horrible workplace, and I've worked for 3 different people. Yeah, put Mac's at the bottom of your resume list people. Customers were so rude to me because of how rude the bosses were to them.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Market manager sucks, horrible management, terrible customers, low pay, etc
This job is not for normal people
Management (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 December 2016
I found in the 3 store I have worked thus far that everyone who works for Macs or manages Macs are all of another nationality. I found it hard to understand, and I find them all very argumentative when you try to explain something. They all have their own way and if you do it even a smidgen wrong, they let you know and your job is ALWAYS the first thing they threaten,.
Learned some new things
Sales-manager, bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON9 January 2017
24hours work
I learned-customer expectation, business of corp.store
Too much pressure from management of corporation
Our team was very productive and successfully
The hardest part of the job was connection with supervisor
The most enjoyable part of job was the communication with customer
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
I really enjoyed working at Mac's Milk!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Stanley, ON29 November 2016
I was always excited to go to work. When I worked for Mac's Milk, I loved my job. My mac's milk was located in a little beach town, so the convenience store was the center of the town. I met so many different types of people, and learned countless information about numerous topics. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and were usually in good spirits. I enjoyed almost every part of my job but the most enjoyable part, for me, would be meeting and communicating with the large amount of new and regular customers. I loved learning different things from the customers. my shift was the midnight shift so the hardest part for me would definitely be the hours. In the beginning it wasn't bad but as the time progressed it did take a toll on your body.
Pros
Discount!!!
Cons
Grumpy customers sometimes :(
very good job and great fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Brompton, ontario26 January 2017
The day is good at the store as i work.i learn how to deal with the customer and also learn to run till.the work place is good as i met with people who has different culture. i also made very good friends who are the regular customers of store. Their is no hardest part of the job.the most enjoyable part is dealing with the customer.
Great coworkers and job with poor management
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON15 November 2016
Helping customers, cleaning, take out of garbage, achieving customer satisfaction, filling out fuel survey when necessary.

Well working for Mac's Convenience I learned to handle upset customers, I also learned to work with minimal supervision.

Management was poor and unhelpful when dealing with problems.

Fellow coworkers were all around amazing people, whom I very much enjoyed working with.

Handling with upset customers when certain products have run out.

Best part seeing regular everyday customers and building relationships with them.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and frosters
Cons
Poor management uncomfortable scheduling and hours.
productive as i am learning nature and beahivour of customer.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2016
overall it was good experience for me yet. knowing the market culture and dealing pattern with customer. I did 12 and half hour shift which was a amazing experience. team management and working atmosphere was good. co-workers were respectful to each other and have kind hearted to. I enjoyed dealing with customer, talking with them , making them comfort and up sell them new product.
Pros
enjoy coffee or tea
stress free work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC20 January 2017
good place to work to get experience for customer service. flexible shifts, nice senior staff. the hardest part of the job is to work in coolers because its too cold temperature in the coolers. most enjoyable part of this job is that store is not too big to handle, it is a convenient store, easy to manage. workplace culture is good.
Productive and entertaining
Retail Store Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2017
I am working in a company where customer satisfaction is their main priority. I have learned that you can only satisfy customers when you are patient and friendly with them. Its little difficult to manage the whole store but in totality it is a fun job interacting with new people everyday.
I work for mac's Convenience Store as Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Barrhaven, ON2 February 2017
I learned many new things while I am working with a well managed company. I learned team work, Good Leadership Qualities, Customer Service, Good communication skills. The hardest part of my job is to manage the store and guide the new employees how to work and train them.
Good place to work in get chance to interact with people
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Bay, ON19 January 2017
Mac's store has peaceful environment, get chance to share their experience with others and fulfill customers need. All employees are punctual and very dedicated to their work.
Pros
Good environment to work in and meeting with new people
Cons
Larger shift hours
Will not rate this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Melfort,sk,canada3 January 2017
They don't need workers they fire workers every chance they get even if. You have a family at home they do not care about anything but them selves do not work at mac's find somewhere else to work and if I could have no stars there would be no stars
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Managers dont know how to do there jobs
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
According to me, Mac's has a lot of free facilities along with many cons. Robbers come and go, threat your life, try to harm, etc. The management is pretty good. Friendly nature of everyone is overwhelming.
Pros
Free drinks and food
Cons
Long hours and no safety(Roberries are normal here)
Responsibility
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON15 March 2017
You work alone, this means that you are responsible for cleaning, stocking and maintaining the store to ensure that it is ready, safe and clean for customers. Remembering protocol is highly important to ensure your safety as well.
Pros
time to self
Cons
cannot progress
productive, fun work place
Assistant Manager/Post Office Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON22 March 2017
loved working here and for the people, store went out of business unfortunately or i feel i would still be there. management was amazing store was well taken care of as well as the employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough things to do
A lot of interesting people
Lottery & Nevada Sales (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 October 2016
I was frustrated with the organization skills of management. I felt unappreciated as I was covering for my coworkers shifts. I didn't feel they kept the store up in appearance. I enjoyed most of the customers and the regular routines and also found I could get my tasks completed faster and more efficiently once I got into my own routine.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
it was unorganized

Mac's Convenience Store Reviews by Location