Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed working at Mac's Milk!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Stanley, ON29 November 2016
I was always excited to go to work. When I worked for Mac's Milk, I loved my job. My mac's milk was located in a little beach town, so the convenience store was the center of the town. I met so many different types of people, and learned countless information about numerous topics. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and were usually in good spirits. I enjoyed almost every part of my job but the most enjoyable part, for me, would be meeting and communicating with the large amount of new and regular customers. I loved learning different things from the customers. my shift was the midnight shift so the hardest part for me would definitely be the hours. In the beginning it wasn't bad but as the time progressed it did take a toll on your body.
Pros
Discount!!!
Cons
Grumpy customers sometimes :(
Like to communicate with all the people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  595 richmond street28 November 2016
All the staff is good and friendly. I like to work over there but sometimes it's hard to deal with drunk people because it's in downtown and on weekends there are so much rush.
Pros
Get overtime
Cons
Short houres
Productive and enjoyable
cashier, bagger, and other duties (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 November 2016
I liked to work as a cashier and a merchandiser at macs. It was great experience of being cashier and helper in store. Learned leadership and management qualities.
24 hours job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ON20 November 2016
Good company but not well paid. Keep in touch with the store 24 hours. but learned whole retail process. dealing different vendors. prepared ordering. inventory shortage is a big problem.
Great coworkers and job with poor management
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON15 November 2016
Helping customers, cleaning, take out of garbage, achieving customer satisfaction, filling out fuel survey when necessary.

Well working for Mac's Convenience I learned to handle upset customers, I also learned to work with minimal supervision.

Management was poor and unhelpful when dealing with problems.

Fellow coworkers were all around amazing people, whom I very much enjoyed working with.

Handling with upset customers when certain products have run out.

Best part seeing regular everyday customers and building relationships with them.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and frosters
Cons
Poor management uncomfortable scheduling and hours.
Mac's is fun place for me because i never feel like i am on work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  62 Stonehaven drive, kanata ON, Canada14 November 2016
I have been working at macs convenience store since 1 year and i have learnt a lot of things. i learned how to provide best customer service. Moreover, i learned to ring up all sales on cash register, handling money, checks, other type of payment received for product sold. My favorite part about the job is that i love to communicate with customers while i am dealing with customers for their purchases.

My all co-workers are very polite, helpful. they always give me support in my bad times like unable to do job for a personal reason or sickness. now i can see myself as a good mannered, punctual person who values time and money.

my manager likes my strength, flexibility of work because i have done job in various emergency situations like once i had a job until 8 am in the morning but i stayed up to 2 p.m. because my manager had an emergency.
Pros
Free Launch, allow me to do my person thing as well
Cons
hard working for long period like up to 14 hour in night shift
productive as i am learning nature and beahivour of customer.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2016
overall it was good experience for me yet. knowing the market culture and dealing pattern with customer. I did 12 and half hour shift which was a amazing experience. team management and working atmosphere was good. co-workers were respectful to each other and have kind hearted to. I enjoyed dealing with customer, talking with them , making them comfort and up sell them new product.
Pros
enjoy coffee or tea
Good Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON12 November 2016
-Good Relation with Owner
-Helping co-workers
-Excellent store location
-Hardest part was to handle drunk people in night
-Management of store was quiet good
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Long Shifts
It was good work experience
Co-op Engineer (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON12 November 2016
Cash management, friendly environment, time oriented, worked in team, flexible work hours, worked individually in rush hours, A+ customer satisfaction.
Pros
nil
Cons
nil
csr
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON10 November 2016
attending customer
ordering the inventory as per the requirement
review the orders as per the order
manage inventory and mark down the required product for next order
fun loving job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON6 November 2016
enjoy the work
give some extra efforts to prove better compare to others
quickly learn new things
enthusiastically work at work place
learn good customer service
productive
Macs Convenient Store (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON5 November 2016
very friendly, and quick service. I very much enjoyed working at this type of job. I found it was very nice to get to know the regular customers and it made me look forward to working there.
Pros
busy place
Cons
not enough hours
It was an ok partime job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON31 October 2016
The job was boring no multiple tasking but I was able to pay all my bills. So, it is ok . I liked the job. The management was good and the job was easy. But I liked my construction jobs better.
Macs Milk
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrow, ON30 October 2016
I was a cashier. I stocked shelves and worked in a face paced environment where I had to ensure customers were happy. I was also responsible for cleaning the store and the outside of the store.
Productive fun workplace
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 October 2016
My experience working at macs was all positive because how good of a manager I had. She was always there to help out anyway she could and made working there easier and more enjoyable for all the employees.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
Gets quite boring on slow days
Productive in my life
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON24 October 2016
The expirence which i had, made me to learn many more important things in my life.
such as,
Developing internal motivating factor,
Desire
passion
hard work and smart work
Excellent Job Training
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  London, ON15 October 2016
Most appropriate place to take an opportunity to get store-handling experience. It also got me thriving working environment and pleasant atmosphere to improve the efficiency and work with ease.
A lot of interesting people
Lottery & Nevada Sales (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, ON14 October 2016
I was frustrated with the organization skills of management. I felt unappreciated as I was covering for my coworkers shifts. I didn't feel they kept the store up in appearance. I enjoyed most of the customers and the regular routines and also found I could get my tasks completed faster and more efficiently once I got into my own routine.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
it was unorganized
csr
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stayner, ON12 October 2016
good work
good timing
good place
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON4 October 2016
My shifts over mac's are normally busy, I had learned multitasking as well as communicating skills from this job. The work taught me about smokes, lottery and customer satisfaction which are important for the business like this.
Pros
Free coffee