Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews in Canada

Less stressful and enjoyable job for me
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 4, 2016
I used to work at Mac's from Friday to Sunday between 4-11 pm.

I learned how to handle various kinds of customers with respectful words. Also how to attract them by offering SALE.

There is very nice management including proper cleaning, organised and full products all time.

My co-workers are also very helpful and always teach me something new as they got experience.

I don't think so there is any hardest time for me except robbery. But I never faced it so I don't have any experience of that.

Offering customers to buy various kind of offers as they buy specific type of products. I also enjoy lottery sales to customers
Mac's Convenience store
Assistance Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 29, 2015
At mac's convenience store I learn how to multitask, from taking customers to making a milk order. The most important skill I learned from this job is to how to deal with customers, which is also the most enjoyable part of my workplace. this gives me the opportunity to meet new people everyday. The hardest part of this job is the long hours, since this is a minimum wage job I have to work long hours.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
low salary
It was nice working with Mac's store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had nice time working in Mac's store and learned alot in the customer service field.
the management was Okay, my co-workers was nice people and the hardest part of my job was to work over nights from 10pm till 10am.
the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and greet my customers and had good times everyday with my customers.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
Long hours mostly you work on your own
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 8, 2015
long work hours, no increase no benefits work is easy you meet lot of great people customers are great co-workers are nice. min wage not preferred long term
Okay
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTMay 1, 2016
Working at Mac's convenience Store there are days when things become really hectic. The environment was usually fast-paced. The job itself is not hard but it is not easy either but the manager and co-workers are willing to teach you the ropes of how things work and how to process things and steadily you learn how to keep up with the flow of work. The hardest thing you may encounter is that you could possibly be thrown in the fray and it could be very stressful but as with all jobs. It takes time until you get the rhythm. Your co-workers are either you best friends or just part-time acquaintances. Overall, it was an okay job, its a like a gate-way job before you can move on to other things, as it teaches you how to handle customers and test how you handle pressure and etc.
Pros
free meal, friendly-staff, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, can be stressful
Mac'c Convenience Store Review
Cashier and Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
When I worked for Mac's Convenience Store I worked as a Cashier and Clerk. A typical day for me would be printing labels, handling the atm machine, helping customers around the store and working the cash register. This was my first ever occupation and it helped me grow my work ethic. The hardest part of the job was working for many hours when it was a slow day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the whole experience because it was fun and meeting new people helped me grow my confidence.
Improved my multi-tasking ability. Improved my interpersonal skills in dealing with whole range of customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJune 7, 2016
Work is physically and intellectually demanding. I have learned a lot on how to manage multiple tasks at a time without compromising the quality of customer service. I, personally, did not have any issues in getting along with my co-workers
Pros
will markedly improve one's multi-tasking ability
Cons
long hours and tiring
My niche job
Manager (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 2, 2016
This job became an exciting adventure when co-workers brought their scheduling problems to my attention. I was able to sell the taking over of scheduling duties to the owner and soon after that taking on all management duties.
Pros
got paid to do what I love!
Cons
new owners took over and brought thier own staff
Fun workplace with a chance to meet new people everyday
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ONJune 11, 2016
A great workplace which provides you an opportunity to meet new people everyday. I learned how to handle various types of customers respectfully.
Pros
Learning
Cons
standing for long periods of time
great opportunity to meet with different kind of people
Independent dealer operator (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ONJune 5, 2016
Long working hours

Management was good

meet new people

great environment

long day

i was hiring employees so of course they always have been nice
Fun Spot
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Markdale, ONAugust 16, 2016
Awesome spot too work, it was a good spot for customer service, and allowed for a lot of opportunities to meet great people, and opened up many opportunities, to allow me to succeed
Productive and Fun place to Work
Retail Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton AlbertaJuly 30, 2015
Nice Place to work
No Growth
Dealer Owned ( Low Salary)
No Benefits
Great Experience about Customer Service.
Great Knowledge about mechandise products.
Cons
Low Salary
Productive and Fun.
CASHIER TO FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Inventory, merchandising, deposits, cash out, handling different types of payment, orders on products, promotions, upselling.
Productive workplace with friendly customers.
Cashier and Site Security (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 2, 2016
The overall experience at Mac's is Productive and enjoyable due to friendly customers. I love to work here as it provides me a very good and happy working environment.
Good Job but very stressfull
Night Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONMay 4, 2016
Mac's was an OK job because the owners and workers were very nice people. The night shift is a very hard job and I think that most people would have a hard time with it.
Pros
Good owners
Cons
Stressfull
great work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 12, 2016
love to interact with customers there. great place to work. nice co workers and great manager. learned how to manage a business properly
Pros
fun to work
Cons
Nice place to get to know people
Store Clerk / Manager (Former Employee) –  ColloingwwodMay 7, 2016
Work was good and the employees that you work with were great.
A day at work was very busy since there were 3 schools located within a 4 block radius.
Pros
meet people
Cons
Hard work ,consitensy and temper demanding job
customer associate, night maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 4, 2015
I shifted from evening shifts to night maintenance shifts which resulted in me having good customer service skills plus good maintenance and inventory skills.Having experience with both shifts I could easily shift between night and evening shifts.The hardest part of the job was working alone throughout shifts which resulted in a lot of load on the employee, but ultimately it honed my skills even better as we learned the value of time and quality. What i enjoyed most was customer service as it helped me interact with my customers resulting in us both having a good time inside the store.
Fun and nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 13, 2016
I would start the day with taking out the garbage, then do some stoke. When thats done around half through my shift my manager would leave and go home. and I would be alone to run the store.
Pros
free food
Cons
dealing with drunk people
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 1, 2016
Good Place to Work
Nice Management and got chance to do that as well.
Pressure handling is what i learnt

Nice Environment
Pros
Learning

Mac's Convenience Store Reviews by Location