Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Standing Whole Day
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2018
Working in this type environment is like standing whole day in front of Screen waiting for customer to come by and ask you some help or just regular check out and tell their experience or any other event.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Extra Work
customer interaction was involved
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 January 2018
great job to work at starting base. i was working for this company from 2013 to 2015 while I was on work permit status. after getting my permanent residency i had to look for other options
This is the job where you have freedom to organize working hours.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 December 2017
To do this job properly I had to be very god in multitasking. Most of the day I've spent working with different kind of people, and I liked that. I've learned a lot about work and time management, customer service and support and dealing with unsatisfied customers.
Pros
choose when to have free time or day.
Cons
dealing with abusive customers
Stocker
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Sault-Sainte-Marie, ON22 December 2017
Was well paced and the help wanted to get done as fast as i did so the shifts went buy really quick, management was good and helpful, stores close to my house so works out well
Pros
Usually not alot of straining work
Cons
Alot of bending down
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON21 December 2017
Although is it busy during day and night but that's the fun part as you get to talk and meet new people which keeps you busy and you will never know when your shift got over.
Pros
Nice work place
Cons
Long hours, Busy store
Fast pace,
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB14 December 2017
I enjoyed the fast pace work, having to be doing something at all times, rarely any down time.
They management was quite respectful and understanding.
I enjoyed working the cash register etc.
Productive, enjoyable work place
Clerk, Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON12 December 2017
Enjoyable environment, fit schedule. Learn to manage, handle cash, enjoy serving the customer. The hardest part about the job is the location and sometime security since i would i have to work late at night.
Pros
regular customer, easy task
Cons
store location, work hour
Productive and fun workplace.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 December 2017
I enjoyed a lot while working in mac's convenience store and I understand many important things about the management and workplace culture like how to be friendly and responsible towards my job and the hardest part of the job is not losing my patience while handling some customers who try to be harsh sometimes and the fun thing about working in mac's is getting feedback from management and their appreciation every week.
Pros
free drinks and coffee
Cons
long hours and busy
Good place to work part time.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON4 December 2017
Mac's convenience store which is now called Circle K convenience store is not a bad place to work as part time but honestly, if you are looking for full time, you better find something else unless you are planning to manage one of these stores.
simple
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Almonte, ON30 November 2017
easy part time work with some benifits great store managment. upper managment was terrible with no contact and broken promises. distributers were easy to work with.
Communication
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON23 November 2017
I enjoyed my job at mac's store because i loved to communicate with strange people because of this i increased my communication skills. Overall i enjoyed my job.
Slow environment but great overall
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON22 November 2017
Great place. Can be slow at times since it is a 24/7 store. Just have to keep yourself occupied by organizing shelves and sorting the back. If that is all done, then just have to focus on the customers for the night.
Great
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 November 2017
I loved every part of that job, No stress at all if you do what you are supposed to and stay organised
Typical day was to finish your daily tasks while meeting new people and get to know about how the lives differ in each culture and to what extent they are common
Pros
No stress
Cons
No cons
Shifts were flexible and you always met interesting people
Cashier, Night Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 November 2017
The job was good, I never felt like i didn't want to work there. I prefer night shifts and was able to get the shifts i preferred. The job also was in a small town so I never felt overworked.
Excellent place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 November 2017
Provide good service to all customers by maintaining a friendly environment , maintain constant presence on sales floor to address customer needs and exceeding sales and promotional goals consistently , put the new magazines, books and novels on the shelf according to section, removing the expired one and making list of expired magazines for returns, maintain accurate records of the sale of goods and services.
Store Operator/Manager (Former Employee) –  Selkirk, MB14 November 2017
I have worked as a Store Operator/Manager for almost 5 years all together. Where I have learned new experiences and got opportunity each and everyday to interact with customers, companies and head office as well. I also have to look after all the day to day transactions.
Good place to work if you like a lot of hours.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON14 November 2017
The hours are good, I enjoyed the hours I worked and they are very flexible. Management could be run a bit better, I had times where I would need more change, and they would delay on getting it to me. A typical work day for part time is usually 4 pm - 11 pm and it's very busy. The work place culture is very relaxed, although there can sometimes be culture discrimination. The hardest part of the job is you're always working alone, there is no one in store to help you and things can become very overwhelming.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Other employees (manger included) are often late
Global convenience store company with head office in Quebec.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2017
Goal of company is to attain global convenience stores. stores located in US, Europe and Asia as Circle K. Meetings quarterly with updates as to business positions. Benefits are good.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours without compensation
not a bad place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON9 November 2017
local management is fine,upper management expect too much,not great for pay raises,for the work they expect from you,can get really busy sometimes,most customers are great,however you do get some miserable ones
Pros
the customers
Cons
head office
Nice workplace culture
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 November 2017
Nice workplace culture, friendly team, work-life balance, professional management, peace of mind day at work, beautiful kitchen room, happy Christmas party, annual golf tournarment, lots of social activities..... :)
Pros
free fine fresh coffee and variety of soft drinks, snacks