Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

Less stressful and enjoyable job for me
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 4, 2016
I used to work at Mac's from Friday to Sunday between 4-11 pm.

I learned how to handle various kinds of customers with respectful words. Also how to attract them by offering SALE.

There is very nice management including proper cleaning, organised and full products all time.

My co-workers are also very helpful and always teach me something new as they got experience.

I don't think so there is any hardest time for me except robbery. But I never faced it so I don't have any experience of that.

Offering customers to buy various kind of offers as they buy specific type of products. I also enjoy lottery sales to customers
Great learning experience
CSR & assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Thorold, ONFebruary 5, 2016
Poor management. Very little advancement at all. Long hours and alot of daily tasks to complete for a small wage. Open all holidays, time off is not always given at request. Zero employee appreciation. They expect alot for very little.
Pros
Alot to learn
Cons
Nowhere to grow
It was nice working with Mac's store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had nice time working in Mac's store and learned alot in the customer service field.
the management was Okay, my co-workers was nice people and the hardest part of my job was to work over nights from 10pm till 10am.
the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and greet my customers and had good times everyday with my customers.
Pros
gift cards
Cons
enjoyable workplace with lots to learn and face challenges everyday
Corporate Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 6, 2016
the day starts with a regular duty of reviewing the paperwork and cash sheets. but as the day progresses, i have lots to do so the time goes by very fast. i have worked in other companies as a manager but some of them were too much reliable on manager and some of them were boring and had no advancement opportunities. but in Mac's; there are always opportunities available and if you deserve for the job then you will get it. also the flexibility of schedule is the most important aspect of the job and for me it stills the show. the hardest part is to continuously perform and hit the expectations of the company with all the day to day duties to perform. sometimes it can be exhausting but the best part is if i feel frustrated then i can have all the help i need from by bosses, co managers and the staff.
Pros
flexible schedule, free lunch, bonus program, advancement opportunity, joyful work environment
Cons
staffing can be a challenge, might have to deal with a lot sometimes
Fast paced work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ONAugust 30, 2016
Working at Mac's Milk was a great experience in customer service. The only downfall was my employer as I was working another job while working at Mac's and they had called me in while I was working elsewhere knowing that I was away doing other work. They were also very casual when it came to coming in to work, I was, on average, staying late at least an hour everyday and was not being paid for the extra hour. There was no benefits or even a shift premium for working midnights like any other company.
Cons
Bosses were always late, had to work sick, and worked almost every holiday
could have paid more, district managers could be nicer
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 19, 2016
I learned a lot at macs lots of laughs great co workers but for the amount of work that was put on each shift. More money should have paid. Wouldn't always be looking for new employees.
District Managers were always mean always had something negative to say about work that has been completed properly. no praise or store looks great.
I loved the relationships I made with my co workers at every Macs store I worked at. I can honestly get along amazing with anyone.
training employees and teaching them how to do things Macs' way was always fun. I guess I have a way of bringing people out of their shells and open up and talk to customers.
I will always remember the memories, co workers and certain customers that would come into the store everyday just to say "Hi"
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not paid enough
Be prepared to work 24/7
Manager (Current Employee) –  CanadaJuly 2, 2016
The company has ridiculously high expectations and does not pay very well.
Day's start early and end late. Travel time is on your time and driving 9 hours in a day is not unheard of.
I learned patience.
Mac's does employ some amazing people but does not typically value them. I have seen both store operators and corporate staff laid off with little to no notice so be prepared that each day could be your last.
Pros
Sample card to use in stores. Company car. RRSP, benefits and company share purchase plan
Cons
long hours. Mac's, Circle K, Couche Tard in Canada is a chain of 24/7 convenience stores so be prepared to work 24/7.
Amazing work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Valley, ONMarch 23, 2016
I have been doing this job for as long as I can remember I love EVERTYHING about it mostly my customers . they make my day go by super fast and always put a smile , I believe in even if its a bad day you have to smile for customers. I love the fast work I don't like to just stand around board , I love my co-workers there all amazing and friendly. My by far favourite thing about this job is the lottery.
Pros
my mothers my boss
Okay
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTMay 1, 2016
Working at Mac's convenience Store there are days when things become really hectic. The environment was usually fast-paced. The job itself is not hard but it is not easy either but the manager and co-workers are willing to teach you the ropes of how things work and how to process things and steadily you learn how to keep up with the flow of work. The hardest thing you may encounter is that you could possibly be thrown in the fray and it could be very stressful but as with all jobs. It takes time until you get the rhythm. Your co-workers are either you best friends or just part-time acquaintances. Overall, it was an okay job, its a like a gate-way job before you can move on to other things, as it teaches you how to handle customers and test how you handle pressure and etc.
Pros
free meal, friendly-staff, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, can be stressful
Mac'c Convenience Store Review
Cashier and Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 17, 2016
When I worked for Mac's Convenience Store I worked as a Cashier and Clerk. A typical day for me would be printing labels, handling the atm machine, helping customers around the store and working the cash register. This was my first ever occupation and it helped me grow my work ethic. The hardest part of the job was working for many hours when it was a slow day. The most enjoyable part of my job was the whole experience because it was fun and meeting new people helped me grow my confidence.
A very fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 2, 2016
I had a great experience working in this store.
Great management.
nice and friendly co-workers.
most enjoyable part to talk and greet the customers.
Mac's Convenience store
Assistance Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 29, 2015
At mac's convenience store I learn how to multitask, from taking customers to making a milk order. The most important skill I learned from this job is to how to deal with customers, which is also the most enjoyable part of my workplace. this gives me the opportunity to meet new people everyday. The hardest part of this job is the long hours, since this is a minimum wage job I have to work long hours.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
low salary
love my job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ONMay 8, 2016
busy and fast paced.
everyone is different, some need extra time to take care of but others don't help at all.
bosses are pretty easy going, most of the time(depends on the situation)
I enjoy working with most of the people I work with; most of the time, I work by myself.
hardest part of the job is trying to get things done but the store gets busy; things get put on hold til customers get served and they are happy.
I enjoy my job cause you meet so many types of people and every person that you meet are different in someway.
Pros
never know what the day will bring
Cons
robberies
• Doing inventory and ordering of grocery items in the store
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  yyc airportJuly 14, 2016
• Providing excellent service to all customers by maintaining a friendly environment.
• Receiving the amount of purchase in form of cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
• Maintaining accurate records of the sale of goods and services.
• Making sure that enough cash is available at the counter, for paying the balance to the customer.
Good place for learning
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 14, 2016
Good place for learning. Should have been more better if the pay was good.
Working in the company was good experience and would like to work for it.
Pros
Free Polar Pops and coffee
Cons
Long Hours and lot of Stress
Improved my multi-tasking ability. Improved my interpersonal skills in dealing with whole range of customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJune 7, 2016
Work is physically and intellectually demanding. I have learned a lot on how to manage multiple tasks at a time without compromising the quality of customer service. I, personally, did not have any issues in getting along with my co-workers
Pros
will markedly improve one's multi-tasking ability
Cons
long hours and tiring
Interaction with customer
Part time cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 22, 2016
Completed voluntary customer service training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity.
Dynamic customer service professional experienced in retail store.
Build and maintain enduring customer relationships to boost sales and generate repeat business.
Pros
Improvement in communication skill
Excellent Management, Fun work Environment,Great Learning
Training Manager/ Training Store operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBNovember 27, 2015
Excellent Management, Fun work Environment, Great Learning,
Took pride in serving, Community involvements,
loved Sampling, Loved arranging events
Pros
Fun work Environment
Cons
Long Hours
great learning experience
Customer Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 2, 2016
Merchandise, price and stock inventory for visual appeal and professional layout.
Prepare and cook a variety of food and beverages for rush periods of time
Execute transactions quickly to ensure quick customer turn-around and positive customer experience
Aide in the scheduling of shifts with the store manager for all employees.

Learned and applied effective communication and listening skills to excel in a fast paced environment
Pros
very friendly environment
Productive job , very easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONJune 16, 2016
A typical day was very simple, I would sell the customer what they wanted to buy and I would clean and restock. I learned to work in a fast paced environment. Management was very friendly, I had my shifts alone so I didn't get to spend much time with the staff but they are very friendly. Learning different kinds of products to sell to the customers. The job was very enjoyable and simple.
Pros
Not too busy

Mac's Convenience Store Reviews by Location