Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

exticting to meet various people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 January 2017
Good to work and various kind of adventure is experienced.
great to deals with different problems. other all thing are better about filling whole store and showing right things to people and putting right thing at right place , etc . apart from that talking with people and making friend to regular customer and joy to talk with them about our life is to relaxing.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
Bad at salary distribution on time
Fast paced work environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Colborne, ON30 August 2016
Working at Mac's Milk was a great experience in customer service. The only downfall was my employer as I was working another job while working at Mac's and they had called me in while I was working elsewhere knowing that I was away doing other work. They were also very casual when it came to coming in to work, I was, on average, staying late at least an hour everyday and was not being paid for the extra hour. There was no benefits or even a shift premium for working midnights like any other company.
Cons
Bosses were always late, had to work sick, and worked almost every holiday
Worse place to work for!!!
Retail Store Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON31 December 2016
This the most terrible place to work at. Weather you are at home in your bed or with your friends all the time you are thinking about the store and if everything is going ok. hoping that there is no shoplifting or arm robbery or a mystery shopper who might deduct points if you didn't up sell him. for the shoplifting Macs will charge you the retail price for the loss not the original price they bought the product at it. No benefits or pension.
Be prepared to work 24/7
Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada2 July 2016
The company has ridiculously high expectations and does not pay very well.
Day's start early and end late. Travel time is on your time and driving 9 hours in a day is not unheard of.
I learned patience.
Mac's does employ some amazing people but does not typically value them. I have seen both store operators and corporate staff laid off with little to no notice so be prepared that each day could be your last.
Pros
Sample card to use in stores. Company car. RRSP, benefits and company share purchase plan
Cons
long hours. Mac's, Circle K, Couche Tard in Canada is a chain of 24/7 convenience stores so be prepared to work 24/7.
could have paid more, district managers could be nicer
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON19 May 2016
I learned a lot at macs lots of laughs great co workers but for the amount of work that was put on each shift. More money should have paid. Wouldn't always be looking for new employees.
District Managers were always mean always had something negative to say about work that has been completed properly. no praise or store looks great.
I loved the relationships I made with my co workers at every Macs store I worked at. I can honestly get along amazing with anyone.
training employees and teaching them how to do things Macs' way was always fun. I guess I have a way of bringing people out of their shells and open up and talk to customers.
I will always remember the memories, co workers and certain customers that would come into the store everyday just to say "Hi"
Pros
great co workers
Cons
not paid enough
productive, fun , flexible schedule, good to work with my colleagues
Cashier/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK30 December 2016
I can say that this workplace is good and convenient because it's near to our home, but I still have to find additional job that meets our monthly expenses.
Pros
flexible time
Cons
salary is not enough and no assessment every 3 months
A Great Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 January 2017
A Great Place to work and healthy work environment to work i'll work over here even if i'll get another job because if you are working here you'll never want to leave this place,
Pros
A healthy environment for work
Cons
Less Salary
Handling cash,Ordering and Data Entry
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 September 2016
It was excellent experience to work with Mac's convenience.
Benefits:
(1) Knowledge of new domain
(2) Customer Service
(3) Handling cash
(4) Learned new software
(5) Order management skills.
No career growth
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 September 2016
Working as a CSR in Mac's is fun but if you take it for long term it will not give any carrer growth.
And the salary is just minimum,hardly anyone can survive in that and morover if you work in the nights then its really risky.
Cons
Less salary
productive as i am learning nature and beahivour of customer.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 November 2016
overall it was good experience for me yet. knowing the market culture and dealing pattern with customer. I did 12 and half hour shift which was a amazing experience. team management and working atmosphere was good. co-workers were respectful to each other and have kind hearted to. I enjoyed dealing with customer, talking with them , making them comfort and up sell them new product.
Pros
enjoy coffee or tea
Cons
Overall was a productive place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 July 2016
All my co-worker are loving and co-operative . I have improved my english fluency as it is not my mother tongue. I have recently selected as Employee of the month for better performance.
Pros
Full-time hours, friendly co-workers, benefits, overtime available, good vacation hours
Cons
Stressful at times, team leads are not always available, rude customers are common
Learned some new things
Sales-manager, bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Tilbury, ON9 January 2017
24hours work
I learned-customer expectation, business of corp.store
Too much pressure from management of corporation
Our team was very productive and successfully
The hardest part of the job was connection with supervisor
The most enjoyable part of job was the communication with customer
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Great coworkers and job with poor management
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Angus, ON15 November 2016
Helping customers, cleaning, take out of garbage, achieving customer satisfaction, filling out fuel survey when necessary.

Well working for Mac's Convenience I learned to handle upset customers, I also learned to work with minimal supervision.

Management was poor and unhelpful when dealing with problems.

Fellow coworkers were all around amazing people, whom I very much enjoyed working with.

Handling with upset customers when certain products have run out.

Best part seeing regular everyday customers and building relationships with them.
Pros
Free fountain drinks and frosters
Cons
Poor management uncomfortable scheduling and hours.
A light job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London, ON29 June 2016
You will get no benefits as an employee. Low wages. But your customer service skills will be improved. overall a good place.
Great place for entry level job seekers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 May 2016
A nice place to get in to boost up your career! However, needs to provide more salary to the employees because the work load demands that...
Productive and interesting workplace with good experience gained
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gibbons, AB23 September 2016
My typical day at work includes helping customers, cleaning the store lobby and parking lot, stocking product, working as a team, and selling products. When starting the job, I had never previously worked anywhere, so it gave me good insight to the work force. The management is generally good here. My co-workers are always easy to get along. The hardest part of the job is working independently on new projects. I enjoy this job because I get to help others and get good working experience.
Pros
positive workplace
Cons
schedule isn't updated fast enough
I really enjoyed working at Mac's Milk!!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Port Stanley, ON29 November 2016
I was always excited to go to work. When I worked for Mac's Milk, I loved my job. My mac's milk was located in a little beach town, so the convenience store was the center of the town. I met so many different types of people, and learned countless information about numerous topics. My co-workers were enjoyable to work with and were usually in good spirits. I enjoyed almost every part of my job but the most enjoyable part, for me, would be meeting and communicating with the large amount of new and regular customers. I loved learning different things from the customers. my shift was the midnight shift so the hardest part for me would definitely be the hours. In the beginning it wasn't bad but as the time progressed it did take a toll on your body.
Pros
Discount!!!
Cons
Grumpy customers sometimes :(
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC30 September 2016
Well where do I start before, laying me off right before my probation was ending, smoking in front of the door which poses a health concern, giving pretty hours right off the bat, from freaky nights to 4 hours 7 am, its all over the place, everyone that works there probably smokes and it shows (quite literally because they smoke in front of the door like 30 times a day while the non smoker has to result to no breaks at all) overall a horrible experience that no one should endure, if you are young and aren't going to die from lung cancer in 3 years, don't bother find another place; even for minimum wage you deserve better.
Pros
Nothing, free coffee if you bring your own mug
Cons
bad hours, probation baiting, smoking outside the door (health concern) and plenty more that you will find out when working there, as well as managers well knowing they leave expired food on the shelf
Mac's is fun place for me because i never feel like i am on work.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee) –  62 Stonehaven drive, kanata ON, Canada14 November 2016
I have been working at macs convenience store since 1 year and i have learnt a lot of things. i learned how to provide best customer service. Moreover, i learned to ring up all sales on cash register, handling money, checks, other type of payment received for product sold. My favorite part about the job is that i love to communicate with customers while i am dealing with customers for their purchases.

My all co-workers are very polite, helpful. they always give me support in my bad times like unable to do job for a personal reason or sickness. now i can see myself as a good mannered, punctual person who values time and money.

my manager likes my strength, flexibility of work because i have done job in various emergency situations like once i had a job until 8 am in the morning but i stayed up to 2 p.m. because my manager had an emergency.
Pros
Free Launch, allow me to do my person thing as well
Cons
hard working for long period like up to 14 hour in night shift
Franchise Owner (Former Employee) –  Stirling-Rawdon, ON21 December 2016
Company not a great place to work, long hours low pay, Head office people are not that great to deal with. Worked all holidays including Christmas and newyears for years