Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's Convenience Store Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
work with passion
Cashier (Former Employee), Barrie, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: 8-10 hr shifts
meeting and talking with many peoples
sale promotions
greetings
customer satisfaction
fulfil their need
nice workplace too groom up your interpersonal skills
Customer Service (Current Employee), torontoDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good for improving communicational skills
Cons: narrow span of control
it was nice in macs convenience the days were well spent in dealing lots of customers and the work environment was very peaceful no pressure at all. the most enjoyable part was to deal clients from different ethnic groups.
Enjoyable work enviroment
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Orillia, ONDecember 11, 2014
Pros: good manager
Cons: low pay
Friendly interactions with many regular customers on a daily basis, which made the job enjoyable.

I learned to interact with many people from various cultures, back grounds, and ages.
Fun and friendly work place
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Cardinal, ONNovember 10, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Cons: worked 7 days a week some times
I would punch in gas prices, deal with the customers, do safe drops and run to the bank to get more cash when needed. i have learned how to write out pay cheques, deposit money, write schedules, and how to manage employees and customers. My manager was excellent. she would answer all my questions when i had them she would help cover shifts when i couldn't if someone called in. The co-workers had there ups and downs. some would show up on time and ready to work, and others wouldn't show up or never on time. the hardest part was working 7 days a week because i did the paper work on the weekends and and covered a lot of shifts when needed to. the best part was meeting new people and always having the chance to talk to customers.
productive, good learning experience
Cashier (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 30, 2014
The macs store is very busy with customers and so the day use to very busy for me, but i feel relaxed when i speak to the customers, i learnt how to deal with customers and also how to manage time to work in the store as well to maintain the customers simultaneously, my co-workers use to be very kind to me, the hardest part is when there is order stoking
Responsible and fun work place
Stock analyst and Cashier (Current Employee), Oshawa, ONSeptember 10, 2014
It is good to be an employee of this store where i gained experience in customer service and Analyzing stock.
Cashier / Customer service
Cashier / Customer service (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 1, 2014
•Dealing with customers on cash desk.
•Responding to a high volume of customer inquiries and solving problems with positive can / do attitude.
not productive
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 2, 2014
Pros: free beverages
Cons: not satisfactory pay rate
good management
unity of command
unity of direction
friendly environment
fast paced work environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONJuly 24, 2014
• Skilled in areas of order processing and stock control.
• Revise bills of materials and prepare requisitions for purchasing.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
• Ability to resolve conflict situations and influence acceptance of ideas while maintaining the customer relationship.
• Experience of working in fast pace environment with maintaining policies and procedures of the store.
• Supervising all aspects of operation in absence of owner.
Macs store
Postal Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 16, 2014
Pros: working independently
Cons: long hours on foot for 12 hours
Relax but very busy job. On foot all day long, no breaks. Majority customers only come for only one product. Not very regular customers. Most of them are bad & rude, theft is high cannot pinpoint if they are stealing. Boss & coworkers are all very helpful and cooperative. When people drive-off with gas without paying it is hard to cope as it is going from your pocket.
Great customers and fellow employees not so great management
Cashier (Former Employee), Picton, ONJuly 4, 2014
Okay job, the other emplyees were great however management would sometimes go away for a few days without saying anything and when new management took over they bullied you in front of customers.
Fast paced working environment with lot of new things to learn
Assistant Manager-Cashier (Current Employee), CalgaryJuly 1, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, good working environment, good relation between management and workers
Cons: nothing
Every day start with spending some time as customer service representative and after that ordering of the things. Managements holds the key to direct us and we have to follow it. Friendly environment even the busy times go so fast. Jobs are always to prove yourself so still no hardest part of job. I enjoy working and I really enjoyed every bit of time during work.
Fun and a very safe place to work with
Cashier (Current Employee), Brantford, ONJune 24, 2014
Pros: walking distance from our place
Cons: short hours
I worked there for almost 2 years now but I realized that nothing changes, I mean I never get promotion even though I know everything I do such as the end of the day paper works. Then a question came up to my mind asking "how can i get promotion if this business is a family business?". I never thought of that earlier then I now I planned to find a better job with a better promotion in the future.
It was fun!
Customer service (Current Employee), KitchenerJune 19, 2014
Working at Mac's teaches you how to serve people in a safe and friendly environment.
Very nice place to deal with new customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 9, 2014
Nice and enjoyable workplace
Learned allot about customer service
Place to be
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Langley, BCMay 9, 2014
Pros: good location.great working conditions.
Cons: not really
I learnt from this company working as a team member. I got good customer service skills. I have made few changes in my attitude.Now i am so patience and calm.I know how to handle different situations. I love to deal with customers.
Not a good business.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMay 1, 2014
Pros: you can set your own schedule.
Cons: a lot to do but no money.
You are your own boss, nice slogan to use. In the end all comes to how much money you make. After paying your own employees, taxes, licenses, and big time shortages, you left nothing behind for you to maintain your life. A lot of responsibilities but no reward.
So I quit.
Small town gas station
Cashier (Former Employee), Arnprior, OnApril 22, 2014
Anyone who has been inside a gas station knows what it's like to work at a Mac's, especially in a small town. Wednesdays and Sunday's were Milk delivery days, Monday's we got the cigarettes and candy in, and every day we got the newspapers delivered. It was interesting working nights, but it wasn't very busy. I would sweep, mop and clean the floors, bathrooms and outside, and do any small jobs that were needed
Good wages, and most importantly in the province of Alberta. Was really looking for such a job.
Cashier (Former Employee), London, ONApril 7, 2014
I have learnt the importance of customer satisfaction and how it can help in making long term relationships. I have been trained in such a way that I do not feel overburdened at any time. I know the importance of multi-tasking and in customer satisfaction.
Fast to balanced paced work
Cashier (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 1, 2014
Pros: free food reasonable amount
Cons: very harsh penalty for a mistake
Teamwork
Physically good
Great staff, helpful
Good management system

1 2 3

About Mac's Convenience Store

Mac's continues to maintain a dynamic development schedule that leverages these strengths and our understanding of the communities – Read more

Mac's Convenience Store Photos