Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews in Canada

customer service manager.
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 3, 2016
customer service manager increasing the sales making the profit and breaking the records with my finest customer service skills
My niche job
Manager (Former Employee) –  High River, ABMay 2, 2016
This job became an exciting adventure when co-workers brought their scheduling problems to my attention. I was able to sell the taking over of scheduling duties to the owner and soon after that taking on all management duties.
Pros
got paid to do what I love!
Cons
new owners took over and brought thier own staff
Productive workplace with friendly customers.
Cashier and Site Security (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 2, 2016
The overall experience at Mac's is Productive and enjoyable due to friendly customers. I love to work here as it provides me a very good and happy working environment.
Okay
Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Yellowknife, NTMay 1, 2016
Working at Mac's convenience Store there are days when things become really hectic. The environment was usually fast-paced. The job itself is not hard but it is not easy either but the manager and co-workers are willing to teach you the ropes of how things work and how to process things and steadily you learn how to keep up with the flow of work. The hardest thing you may encounter is that you could possibly be thrown in the fray and it could be very stressful but as with all jobs. It takes time until you get the rhythm. Your co-workers are either you best friends or just part-time acquaintances. Overall, it was an okay job, its a like a gate-way job before you can move on to other things, as it teaches you how to handle customers and test how you handle pressure and etc.
Pros
free meal, friendly-staff, friendly environment
Cons
long hours, can be stressful
Fun and nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whistler, BCApril 13, 2016
I would start the day with taking out the garbage, then do some stoke. When thats done around half through my shift my manager would leave and go home. and I would be alone to run the store.
Pros
free food
Cons
dealing with drunk people
Less stressful and enjoyable job for me
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABApril 4, 2016
I used to work at Mac's from Friday to Sunday between 4-11 pm.

I learned how to handle various kinds of customers with respectful words. Also how to attract them by offering SALE.

There is very nice management including proper cleaning, organised and full products all time.

My co-workers are also very helpful and always teach me something new as they got experience.

I don't think so there is any hardest time for me except robbery. But I never faced it so I don't have any experience of that.

Offering customers to buy various kind of offers as they buy specific type of products. I also enjoy lottery sales to customers
good family run buisness
Manager trained (Former Employee) –  Brockville, ONMarch 27, 2016
Mac's was a good place to work, family owned and operated. Good people to work for, and a good way to get to know the community.
Productive and Fun.
CASHIER TO FRONT DESK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Inventory, merchandising, deposits, cash out, handling different types of payment, orders on products, promotions, upselling.
It was nice working with Mac's store
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 6, 2016
I had nice time working in Mac's store and learned alot in the customer service field.
the management was Okay, my co-workers was nice people and the hardest part of my job was to work over nights from 10pm till 10am.
the most enjoyable part of my job was to meet and greet my customers and had good times everyday with my customers.
Pros
gift cards
Learning
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ONMarch 1, 2016
Good Place to Work
Nice Management and got chance to do that as well.
Pressure handling is what i learnt

Nice Environment
Pros
Learning
Fun and new
Store Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carleton Place, ONJanuary 18, 2016
I loved working at Mac's. You learn something new everyday and have fun interacting with everyday customers. I liked being trusted with the store alone on my shift.
It's a job, really
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 9, 2016
It wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything special either.

I had a fine time, but it was time for me to move on.

Manager was a good guy.
Productive, interactive with customers
Cashier/Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ONJanuary 4, 2016
Learned a lot about customer service, got to meet some nice people, worked in various locations throughout Thunder Bay Ontario.
Pros
Maintained a good rapport with the regular customers
taught me more about customer service
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONDecember 17, 2015
By this job i get to know about so many things likewise it taught me various skills for sales and marketing also about customer services.

i learned.
> communication skills
> customer service
> sales skills
> ordering for products
Pros
pay on time
Cons
long shifts
Long hours mostly you work on your own
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Langley, BCDecember 8, 2015
long work hours, no increase no benefits work is easy you meet lot of great people customers are great co-workers are nice. min wage not preferred long term
Productive and fun workplace with friendly team members.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 7, 2015
That’s an interesting question. A typical day at work would start off by welcoming customers and stocking shelves back and fourth. The most enjoyable part I could honestly say is meeting new people everyday.
Hard work ,consitensy and temper demanding job
customer associate, night maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBDecember 4, 2015
I shifted from evening shifts to night maintenance shifts which resulted in me having good customer service skills plus good maintenance and inventory skills.Having experience with both shifts I could easily shift between night and evening shifts.The hardest part of the job was working alone throughout shifts which resulted in a lot of load on the employee, but ultimately it honed my skills even better as we learned the value of time and quality. What i enjoyed most was customer service as it helped me interact with my customers resulting in us both having a good time inside the store.
fast pace customer service
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONNovember 12, 2015
At this workplace I worked as CSR, Other than that I was responsible for the weekly store order, cash balancing, etc.
I also checked if there are any damaged or shortage of goods in incoming deliveries.
Pros
good experience of public dealing.
Cons
Low pay rate but great work experience
Mac's Convenience store
Assistance Manager and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONOctober 29, 2015
At mac's convenience store I learn how to multitask, from taking customers to making a milk order. The most important skill I learned from this job is to how to deal with customers, which is also the most enjoyable part of my workplace. this gives me the opportunity to meet new people everyday. The hardest part of this job is the long hours, since this is a minimum wage job I have to work long hours.
Pros
meeting people
Cons
low salary
Never a dull moment
Counter and Lottery (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BCOctober 20, 2015
Loved the hands on experience. Meeting new people and seeing the same people everyday. Building a trust with people and almost like a bond.