Mac's Convenience Store Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC21 June 2017
i have worked at macs esso gas station 1 year.it was a fast pace environment
working at macs.co workers and manager was friendly and helpful.it was fun working over that workplace.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I had learned many things from this store and i had enjoyed at working there and its easy to face the customers
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON16 June 2017
By working in this store I had learned many thgings from customers and I had improve my skills . I'm also interested to do this type of work because I like to meet new people
Pros
Increaing skills
Cons
less cash
Great place to learn management skills and top notch customer service skills.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 June 2017
The environment is similar to that of other stores selling a variety of goods.I learned to handle all kinds of customers and some solid management skills as the measures from the head office are really tight and leave you with no margin of errors.The workplace environment totally depends on the location you work and type of customers you get.There is no or very little chance of advancement and salary raise, also there is no activity to lift up your enthusiasm, every day here is like a typical day at work.However, if you like to meet new people and make new relations there is no better place than this.
Pros
low stress, meeting new people
Cons
low salary, long hours, less chance of advancement
good customer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Goderich, ON16 June 2017
love talking to my reg customer and to clean store to look beautiful every day.Near home so walk to work every night con being nights .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
free time
Cons
low money and rude management
it is good for part time job
Cashier Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON12 June 2017
This job is a blessing for students as they get a job here easily. But, it's undoubtedly one of the frustrating jobs. As you have to stand for long 8 hours depends upon your shift and also to do the entire thing from managing customers to cleaning.
Pros
good for students
Cons
low wage
Great support staff to work with in Construction
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 June 2017
Daily, weekly, monthly scheduling on projects scattered throughout my designated area. Huge Multi tasking due to large area of projects.
Continuous large turnover of Staff creates constant tension within workers. Hardest part of the job was meeting tight project schedules, with issues out of my control. (Material shipping, shoddy trades, Municipal permitting and inspections)
Pros
Great benifits- Pension plan and stock options
Cons
Management totally focused on sales .Little respect for Construction
Good working place to do work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2017
The atmosphere to do work at Mac's is very interesting. One learned a lot of things over working there and able to handle the all store as the all rounder.
Pros
Leaning lot of things under a single roof
Cons
Shift is exclusively running for long hours
An okay environment
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Petawawa, ON3 June 2017
Long shifts... usually 11 hours... no breaks as you worked alone, Not much security protocol while working the "graveyard" shift... never really seen any management
Clean atmosphere. Decent Hours. Entitled to serve customers and Stock inventory.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Thomas, ON2 June 2017
The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with the rush of customers certain times of the day, as well trying to keep inventory stocked for sales.
The most enjoyable part was that I was on my own most the time, so when there wasn't so many customers, it was easy to catch up with cleaning the store and making lists of inventory we needed. I also loved seeing the regular customers.
Pros
strait 8 hour shifts.
Cons
Trying to handle the store alone when it got busy.
customer service if fun job,but stressful sometimes, and not secured.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON31 May 2017
customer service if fun, but stressful sometimes, and not secured. the salary is not enough have to work 2 jobs, to make a proper living. other than that not a bad job.
very positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK31 May 2017
I like to learn more there and there is manager is very god and kind nature and very supportive . when I first came there that time I don't know anything but with support of manager she kept pushing me to learn fast and accurately.
Pros
customer friendly
Cons
not applicable
satisfied with customers
Guest Service Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON20 May 2017
Typical retail store, keep clean, customer satisfaction comes first . Good relationship with regulars. Stopping shoplifters was tricky, yet satisfaction in saving merchandise.
Pros
easy shifts
Cons
shoplifters
fun working place to meet new people
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 May 2017
this place was real fun to work with all mixed people which led me to meet new people every day and I learned that it can be an interesting task, but the owner of the store was a dissatisfied guy who never had a smile on his face.
good place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 May 2017
its a good place to work and gaining some experience owner has a great attitude with employees easy hours pay is also good I really enjoyed the job experience in macs
Pros
break time
Night-shift Customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON17 May 2017
Start of my day i serve customers for a short while than as it slows down i proceed to stock and face the store wiping down all surfaces and machines.

I've learned a great deal of time management and human relations as a clerk to customer. for example how to approach people and how to maintain a sincere but professional relationship with customers.

working along side with my managers not only as my boss but as a partner in the workplace. i see the work put in on both sides. my manager puts in a lot of hard work and its an obvious pay-off.

the hardest part of the job has to be simply the fact of straight night-shifts. And the most enjoyable would be the satisfaction of an honest effort and the feeling when you know you've done well with a customer.
Pros
Alot of person to person interactions
Cons
Straight nights
Bad place
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON17 May 2017
Not a very save place to work. I was robbed twice in five months . Definitely do not get payed enough for the risk of work theire. Lost of long night shifts.
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 May 2017
the staffis very friendly and understanding. we had good working hours and the managers were friendly too. i had great time working with the staff and great experience
Nice
Supervisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 May 2017
Nice work experience, helpful supervisors and kind co-workers. The Owner was present often to help out new trainees and teach them about new stuff. Overall a good experience.
It's a convenience store
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Penetanguishene, ON10 May 2017
Don't expect anything to grandiose here.
Average job, average pay with management being almost nonexistent. Not the worst but certainly nothing to polish the old resume for.
Great starting Job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON10 May 2017
Its a good starting job but they have a habit of messing the employees over. Shorting your pay or changing your hours on you without telling you. Know what you rights are
Pros
Starting job
Cons
Low pay, expected to work for min mage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mac's Convenience Store. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval