ABOUT THE COMPANY
Mabel’s Labels is a successful and growing e-commerce company that designs, manufactures, markets and sells stylish waterproof labels to identify personal belongings. We sell directly to consumers worldwide through our website, and across North America via fundraisers at schools, daycares, camps and other organizations. Our products are also present in the retail market through Canadian Walmart and Costco stores. Our print environment, website, and manufacturing technology have been built, and are maintained, in-house. We believe in a continuous cycle of exciting projects that are forward thinking and innovative.
At Mabel’s Labels, we have adopted a Results-Only Work Environment (ROWE) concept. We have created this unique ROWE culture whereby employees are evaluated solely based on their accomplishment of goals; this performance agreement is developed collaboratively between managers and employees. ROWE enables us as an organization to offer the ultimate “work-life balance” plan: we attract and retain high calibre talent by entrusting employees to make effective decisions with regard to their time, in order to achieve successful outcomes both professionally and personally. Mabel’s Labels is the first Canadian company to formally adopt this ROWE engagement strategy.
Under the supervision of the Brand/Communications Manager, the incumbent is responsible for the development of on-strategy and on-brand creative writing. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the design team and the Brand Manager to generate creative solutions for a variety of marketing collateral. The ideal candidate is a creative team player who works well under tight deadlines, and is detail-oriented. A passion for writing and a flair for gifted prose will ensure success in this role.
- Responsible for proofreading, editing material for spelling, grammar, punctuation, terminology, etc.
- Writing a variety of marketing material, including, but not limited to: Print and online advertisements, SEO keywords, website copy, direct mail, sales materials, PR pitches and materials, POP, video scripts, awards applications, and social media updates.
- Proofread and edit blogs for guest bloggers for the Mabelhood.
- Schedule and post all blogs to the Mabelhood.
- Develop and write SEO Copy (keywords, meta titles, meta descriptions) for Mabelhood blogs.
- Proofread and edit blogs and articles for the VP of Public Relations & Customer Service.
- Write and submit award entries, applications & pitches
- Develop ideas and write Facebook posts for Mabel’s fan page.
- Work collaboratively with the creative team to generate unique on-brand messaging.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years of directly related work experience in advertising or marketing
- College or university degree in writing for marketing/advertising
- A great portfolio that shows your work/experience
- Bilingualism would be an asset
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Proficiency in direct marketing, promotions, online and web writing
- Contagious passion, enthusiasm and positivity
- Ability to multitask while maintaining quality
- Great attention to detail
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard -