Software QA and Test Engineer - Intermediate
Reporting to their immediate department manager, this position has the overall responsibility of ensuring that software releases have been tested and meet defined quality standards. The role requires teamwork and collaboration at many levels to meet deliverables set out by their manager and project managers.
The candidate will progress from a junior role, to an intermediate role and finally up to a senior position. The levels of responsibility in each stage advances and the expectations are outlined below for each specific level. Teamwork is a strong focus for these positions and successful progression is a direct result of how effective they are both on a technical level and a leadership level.
- 4-7 years of Software Testing (Required)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to be utilized both internally and externally.(Required)
- Building test cases and scripts
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software, hardware, and configuration problems.(Required)
- Strong technical ability with an aptitude for learning. (Required)
- Basic Leadership Experience and Aptitude (Nice to Have)
- Background in Data Acquisition and control systems (Nice to Have)
- Understanding of oil and gas services and instrumentation in general (Nice to Have)
Scope of responsibility:
Software Test Analyst
- All areas within “Junior” team member definition
- Mentoring new Junior and Intermediate team members on company processes, and tools.
- Introducing new team members to existing software, and existing testing approach.
- Defining and implementing incremental changes to testing approach for continuous improvement
- Analyzing reported issues in released software for trends, risks, and improvement opportunities.
- Mentoring non-Testing team members in QA approach to streamline development and design (i.e. Designing requirements so that they can be easily tested)
- Coordinating front-line user testing efforts (for User Acceptance testing), including providing suggestions of test cases, assisting with system access and usage, and collating UAT feedback to produce usable defect reports.
- Providing accurate testing effort estimates
- Prioritizing test case execution for a risk-based approach to testing
- Feedback on requirements to reduce potential risk in implementation.
- Identifying gaps in existing testing processes and recommending solutions.
- Conducting trials of new tools and processes to patch identified gaps.
- Assisting with coordination of internal testing resources, and process improvement.
Indeed - 13 months ago