Software Development Team Lead
This industry leader in Oil and Gas Services has a long history of stability and growth, offers flexibility in schedule, opportunities for advancement, a culture of success and entrepreneurial spirit, and most of all, a fun place to work. This is a very exciting position for someone who wants to make a greater contribution in a role compared to your typical Management role.
We are looking for a Software Development Team Lead with at least 2 years of experience working either as a Team Lead or a Development Manager along with extensive history in software development using National Instrument’s LabVIEW. This person will lead a group of developers writing custom software solutions using LabVIEW and will have overall responsibility for delivering high quality products to business stakeholders. The Lead is not expected to cut code but must wish to continue to be technical in order to properly oversee technical developers, validate code/designs, and to contribute in any way to technical conversations.
From a management point of view, this person is responsible for acting as a technical mentor in addition to conducting typical management duties such as, onboarding, employee training and development, coaching, goal setting, and conducting performance reviews. The manager has ultimate responsibility for producing results, driving employee engagement and retention, and facilitating thorough communication.
This role is to lead one group of developers amongst other groups within a Technology Center owned by a large Oil and Gas Services company. The group that this manager will lead is responsible for building Control Systems used in the Fracing process within oil and gas services and is comprised of 7-9 Engineers / Software Developers.
MUST HAVE skills:
- A strong background in developing software using LabView in (specifically) scientific settings including Instrumentation, Automation, Control Systems, Data Acquisition / SCADA, or similar environments. (Prefer at least 7-10 years of experience in such an environment).
- Able to contribute technically while managing a group of engineers and/or software developers (developing in mostly labVIEW).
- Thorough understanding of Business as it relates to developing commercial products related to Oil and Gas Instrumentation, Automation and Control Systems.
- Ability to interface with business stakeholders to validate designs, gather requirements and to set realistic expectations around delivery and support.
- A background in people management, employee career development and coaching.
- Maintain a high degree of engagement and communication with employees through the use of weekly One-on-One sessions.
- Participate in the onboarding of new employees; training and mentoring.
- Maintain thorough communication with peer group and senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with demonstrated innovation and creativity.
- Strong technical ability with an aptitude for learning
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software problems.
- A Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related.
- Software – hardware integration
- PMI certification
- Oil and Gas experience
- Fracing knowledge
- Linux and Windows O/S.
Scope of responsibility:
- Work closely with peers and business stakeholders to thoroughly understand client requirements and to produce high quality software.
- People management, technical leadership.
- Advanced knowledge of software process and application thereof
- Leading project planning teams, estimation, status reporting and project tracking
- Completing project assessments, lessons learned and close out sessions.
- Initiate and lead new team and company initiatives
Indeed - 6 months ago
MVP Talent Corp is a specialised Recruitment Agency matching top talent with leading edge employers.