Software Developer – Intermediate to Senior Level
Want to work for a Great company that truly values it’s employees? This is a highly respected oil and gas services company that offers a Corporate Culture second to none. We are looking for Software Developers with a background in either Java or C# development that are willing to learn a new language called LabVIEW. This is a challenging role ideally suited for a programmer with an Instrumentation and/or Mechanical Engineering background.
The company builds Instrumentation and Control Systems used for Field Data Capture within the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Software Development background in either Java (J2EE) along with Eclipse, Tomcat on Linux and Oracle or C# .net on SQL Server.
- Database reporting.
- University degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated learning from experience, including analyzing information, identifying client needs, developing action plans, and delivering recommendations.
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software problems.
- Experience functioning within teams to address and solve business and engineering issues.
- Excellent English communication skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Strong initiative, leadership and entrepreneurial flair.
- Ability to be effective while simultaneously involved in multiple projects.
- Assists in the process to evaluate and develop creative solutions to optimize products and technologies
- Designs software for control, human interaction, reporting and logging as required for feasibility studies
- Confirms system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods and testing properties. Evaluates testing data to reach design decisions.
- Supports evaluation of performance of equipment in the field, resolution of problems and recommendation of improvements.
- Provides information to be included in proposals, specifications and applications.
This is a permanent, full time INTERMEDIATE role located in Calgary, Alberta, CANADA; candidates must be Canadian Citizens or have legal working status in Canada. Candidates from outside of Canada without legal Canadian working status will not be considered.
Key Words: Labview, National Instruments, Mechanical, Engineer, Engineering, Programmer, Programming, Developer, Development, low level, SCADA, data acquisition, electrical, pipeline, rig, rig services, software, C#, .net, java, hibernate, c++, oracle, sql server, asp.net, windows, controllers, testing, test cases, test scenarios, test scripts, hardware, firmware, assembly, assembler, C, unix, linux, compactrio, pxle-5665, NI, multicore, vector, research and development
Indeed - 10 months ago
MVP Talent Corp is a specialised Recruitment Agency matching top talent with leading edge employers.