LabVIEW Developer / Systems Integrator
This industry leader in Oil and Gas Services, has a long history of stability and growth, offers flexibility in schedule, opportunities for advancement, a culture of success and entrepreneurial spirit, and most of all, a fun place to work. This is a very exciting position for someone who wants to make a greater contribution in a role other than your typical Programmer’s role. This is a smaller, more entrepreneurial company that values your opinion and respects your desire to work independently.
We are looking for a Developer that likes solving complex problems rather than simply cutting code. This position has the overall responsibility of developing custom software solutions using a scientific development language called LabVIEW. The developer must produce clean code, contribute to QA and assist in the integration of systems related to the overall solution.
The role requires teamwork and collaboration at many levels to meet deliverables set out by their manager and project managers.
We strongly prefer someone that can step into a team lead / managerial role with this background. However, we are open to someone growing into leadership positions, starting as a developer, moving up to Systems Analyst, Senior Systems Integrator and Team Lead.
- Software development experience using LabView
- Engineering and /or software development experience (7+yrs)
- Background in Data Acquisition and control systems
- Management and/or Team Lead experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with demonstrated innovation and creativity.
- Strong technical ability with an aptitude for learning
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software problems.
Scope of responsibility:
- Strategically improve the overall software quality and team results
- Advanced knowledge of software process and application thereof
- Proven and effective troubleshooting skills in software integrated systems
- Be a technical mentor to team members
- Leading project planning teams, estimation, status reporting and project tracking
- Completing project assessments, lessons learned and close out sessions.
- Initiate and lead new team and company initiatives
Key Words: Labview, National Instruments, Mechanical, Engineer, Engineering, Programmer, Programming, Developer, Development, low level, SCADA, data acquisition, electrical, pipeline, rig, rig services, software, C#, .net, java, windows, controllers, UI, testing, test cases, test scenarios, test scripts, hardware, firmware, assembly, assembler, C, unix, linux, compactrio, pxle-5665, NI, multicore, vector, research and development, flexible working environment, challenge.