About the Company:
Our company is a progressive company using technology to acquire data and provide automated controls to the Oil and Gas industry. For more than 20 yrs, we have been integrating software and hardware instrumentation systems for data measurement, automation and control.
We provide a challenging environment in which each employee is empowered to be innovative and creative to achieve our goals. We place high value on recruiting and maintaining a core of highly skilled and positive people who thrive in a stimulating team oriented workplace. As a valued employee, you will be able to develop your career, while being rewarded by working in an enjoyable environment that promotes professional teamwork.
This position is part of our core software development team (12+ members) working on the company’s main software products used in the Oil and Gas Industry.
Primary responsibilities include working closely with other team members on software component development and software testing according to product requirements and test plans. Projects include developing new software from scratch, adding new features to existing software and enhancements. The main language used will be Java (J2EE), Eclipse, Tomcat (on linux) and Oracle database or SQL Server. Other languages used in this environment include: HTML 5.
Must Have Skills (Qualifications Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Software / Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Sound OO development methodology in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, to be utilized both internally and externally.
- Strong technical ability with an aptitude for learning
- Excellent analytic skills and experience trouble shooting complex software problems.
Additional Skills that would be an asset in this position:
- Excellent understanding of real time embedded control system software development
- Experience with databases and reporting tools
- Experience with additional languages such as C# .net.
- Background in Data Acquisition and control systems
Scope of responsibility
- Deliver quality software and results
- Meet project timelines for expected deliverables
- Responsible for specific software modules including design, development and testing
- Apply quality standards and process to optimize it’s use on all projects and tasks
- Solve complex problems through demonstrated effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Show initiative; make improvements to self, others and team
- Assist in project planning, estimation, status reporting and project tracking
- Understand and promote team and company initiatives
Indeed - 14 months ago
MVP Talent Corp is a specialised Recruitment Agency matching top talent with leading edge employers.