Electrical Hardware Designer – Oil and Gas
Engineer / Technologist is responsible for the design and quality of the electrical hardware for control and data acquisition systems for oil well service and fracturing equipment. This includes coordination with sales, customers, purchasing, manufacturing, testing, installation and support.
- Design of equipment including generating drawings and bills of materials. Detail and accuracy is required for the drawings which include electrical, mechanical, and parts content. Accurate revision control is required.
- Estimating costs, scheduling tasks, and communicating status with project management, customers and co-workers.
- Clear and accurate documentation of design, operation, and modification of equipment is required.
- Perform testing and fault isolation in support of service and support.
- Recommend changes to improve performance, safety, and profitability of designs and operation of equipment.
- Practice safety for yourself and other participants in performance of duties and operation of equipment; consideration for safety in test plans and procedures is highly important.
- Be able to design, test, modify, fabricate and assemble prototypes.
- Participate in clarifying the tasks and information for co-workers as required to complete projects.
Must Have Skills:
- Electrical engineering or electronic technologist graduate with professional status or eligibility for professional membership
- 4-7 years of related electrical design experience
- Familiar with electro-mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and controls
- Understands process instrumentation drawings, mechanical designs and drawings, and electrical schematics
- Knowledge of safety considerations in design, manufacture, and operation of electrical, mechanical and hydraulic systems
- Understands issues of cabling, power requirements and signal integrity for instrumentation and systems
- Competent in use of MS Office Work and Excel for documentation and processing data
- Familiar with MS Visio or other electrical schematic tools for generating and revising drawings
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for electrical, mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- Knowledge of NI LabVIEW programming an asset
- Knowledge of operation, maintenance and calibration of laboratory instruments
Indeed - 8 months ago