Professional Hardware Engineer
Our client is a well-established and growing manufacturing shop that builds Instrumentation and Control Systems used in the Oil and Gas Industry. This company hires top quartile and highly intelligent Engineers who are committed to life-long-learning and success. The company offers a flexible working environment, an opportunity to contribute in a team setting, and an opportunity to work with exceptionally talented peers.
The Hardware Engineer is required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Electronic/Electrical hardware design including design calculations, part selection, schematic design, PCB design.
- Perform Hazard Analyses for hazardous zone applications based upon CSA or regulatory body requirements.
- Design field instrument products in compliance with CSA standards for intrinsically safe designs
- Generate requirements document, design documents and technical reports under design assurance programs.
- Lead development effort for hardware design and development
- Perform verification and validation tests during the design phases and conduct design reviews for peers.
- Engage with vendors/suppliers to search/identify the alternative parts and ensure manufacturing processes are consistent with design direction.
- Provide technical support for both internal and external customers.
- Devise test methods for new devices and ensure sufficient design-for-testability (DFT).
- Provide guidance on hardware design processes and methodologies
- Be involved and accountable for the wireless network certifications, e.g., with carriers’ networks (Telus, Rogers), FCC/IC and PTCRB
- Must be a P.Eng. with APEGA or equivalent provincial body.
- Minimum of 7-10 years hardware development/design experience, schematic design and PCB design.
- Experience designing hardware for Hazardous Zones that complies with CSA standards. Examples include: creating a design that is spark proof in Hazardous locations, creating a 2-Fault proof failure system.
- Understand the Manufacturing process – know the process of taking products to mass production.
- Proficient in Altium Designer 10, or equivalent
- High voltage (e.g., 460VAC) design experience
Much more information is available; please contact Marcello Barone at MVP Talent for immediate consideration. Thank you!
Indeed - 5 months ago
MVP Talent Corp is a specialised Recruitment Agency matching top talent with leading edge employers.