Reporting to a Partner, this position ensures accurate and timely, financial and tax reporting and auditing for small and mid-sized, business enterprises. Key activities for which the incumbent will be responsible include:
- Perform audit, review and compilation engagements.
- Preparation of financial statements and related schedules.
- Corporate and personal tax planning and preparation.
- Preparation of external reports.
- Liaison with clients to discuss statements and advise on appropriate actions.
The candidate will be conversant with current public accounting software such as Caseware and Taxprep, along with applications such as Excel and Word.
The candidate will possess experience working with a range of clients with different businesses. He/she will be experienced in providing a range of services including in-field work. The candidate will take pride in preparing timely, organized and accurate reports.
The individual will show evidence of a team approach, assisting others when required and a sound work ethic. The candidate has the business maturity and acumen to conduct themselves in a consistently, professional manner with clients and with internal staff. The candidate will particularly take pride in providing top-notch, client service.
The candidate's disposition will include self-motivation, discipline, and a positive demeanor. Enthusiasm and a sense of urgency are important. There will be an expectation of working overtime when required.
APPEALS OF THE POSITION
- An opportunity to work with a dedicated group of professionals in a friendly and pleasant environment.
- An opportunity to work with an established firm with a strong reputation.
-must have previous experience with owner-managed clients
-must have worked in a public practice firm (2 years min)