MTE Logistix, a growing company in the 3rd-party warehousing industry with its base in Edmonton, is looking to add a Human Resources Assistant to its existing team of professionals.
The successful incumbent will possess a strong understanding of employment law, recruiting, interviewing, and orienting employees. They must also have the demonstrated ability to multi-task, exercise strong judgment and superior verbal communication. Having some general knowledge of the warehousing industry will be an asset.
Helps managers and new employees by screening, interviewing, and follow-up on probationary period.
- Helps managers hiring employees by screening, interviewing, and testing candidates.
- Orients new employees by providing information and direction; answering questions.
- Tracks new employee acceptability by preparing and forwarding 30-, 60-, and 90-day probationary reviews.
- Supports new employees by resolving problems.
- Provides reports by retrieving data from hr database; setting-up special queries..
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements; reminding managers.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes human resources and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
This position is full-time, 40 hours per week with a schedule of 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The company offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. There is also a company matching pension plan program offered.
Located in the North West end of Edmonton.