Client Services, Calgary & Area Chapter
(Part time, permanent – 31 hours per week)
The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada is a dynamic, non-profit organization leading the way in finding a cure for multiple sclerosis and enabling people affected by MS to enhance their quality of life.
Reporting to the Director, Client Services, the Recreation Instructor will be responsible for providing instruction for all Calgary & Area Chapter recreation classes which include yoga, fitness, & bowling.
This position is a position of trust in Client Services. The incumbent will be required to complete the screening process including completion of appropriate background checks in compliance with the National Screening Measures Policy (2006).
- Provides instruction of recreation programs which currently include 3 yoga classes, 3 fitness classes and the bowling program.
- Responsible for program design & development
- Provides support and supervision to volunteers
- Responds to client inquiries, issues and make referrals to the Client Services department as necessary.
- Communicates potential risks of program staff, volunteers and participants to the Director of Client Services.
- In consultation with the Recreation Coordinator, develops outcome measures for each recreation program.
- Maintains attendance records for each class.
- Attends professional development seminars, workshops, conferences, and courses relevant to this position.
- CSEP, AFLCA or related Fitness Certification is required
- Post-secondary education in a related field with experience in the instruction of adaptive exercise & yoga programs or the equivalent education experience would be an asset
- Minimum 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Certification is required
- Standard First Aid certification is required
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required
- Experience working with volunteers is preferred
- Energetic, dynamic & interactive.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to properly facilitate groups ranging from five to thirty individuals
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with a variety of people, both in person and on the telephone
- Ability to represent the MS Society in an appropriate manner
- Possess excellent customer/client services skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and display sound judgment.
- Must be able to lift minimum of 30 lbs.
Please submit cover letter and résumé, including salary expectations, by September 7, 2013 to:
Brandi Bassett, Recreation and Youth Coordinator
Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada, Calgary & Area Chapter
150, 110 Quarry Park Blvd SE, Calgary, AB, T2C 3G3
Email: brandi.bassett @ mssociety.ca
Please note: applicants must state salary expectations in order to be considered.
The MS Society of Canada embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
We appreciate your interest and will contact you if a meeting is required.