MPS Welding is seeking qualified and reliable individuals to fill our vacant positions as a Journeyman or Apprentice Welder at our Christina Lake site.
Shift: 9 in 5 out
Welders perform some or all of the following duties:
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments using processes such as gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW), gas metal arc welding (GMAW), flux-cored are welding (FCAW), plasma arc welding (PAW), shielded metal arc welding (SMAW), oxy-acetylene welding (OAW), and resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Operate manual or semi-automatic flame-cutting equipment.
- Operate brazing and soldering equipment.
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears and other metal straightening and bending machines.
- Repair worn parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding such as custom fabrication, ship building and repair, pressure vessel welding, pipeline construction welding, structural construction welding, or machinery and equipment repair welding.
- Canadian Journeyman or Red Seal certification or equivalent required (if applying for Journeyman)
- Preferred Flux Core and Stick ticket as an asset
- Job testing may be required per project.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience with welding.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, supporting apprentices as required.
- Good mathematical, scientific, mechanical and logical reasoning abilities.
-Good communication and reading skills.
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certification required and other site specific tickets.
To apply send resume via email to alyshawenger @ mpswelding .com (no spaces)
(Microsoft Word documents accepted only)