Job Description and Duties
- Prepare manufacturing drawings, specifications for production and bills of materials
- Consult sale team, engineers or production specialists to establish product requirements
- Conduct research into costs, production materials and methods of production
- Assist in designing and developing new and existing products
- Prepare design concepts, sketches or models for approval
- Construct prototypes of designs using rapid prototyping technology
- Analyze the intended use of products and user preferences
- Generate 3D Models and drawings with Computer Aided Design Software
Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design and/ or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D design software, Autodesk Inventor and/or Solidworks highly desired.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- 1 – 3 years design experience preferred.
- Experience in problem solving and working under tight time lines with attention to detail.
- In-depth understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Indeed - 13 months ago