Assists the Accounting Manager and performs full range of accounting functions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Process all payables and receivables, ensuring necessary approvals and backup.
- Record credit notes for warranty claims and investigate discrepancies.
- Issue Manager approved cheques in a timely manner.
- Review and follow up on vendor statements, maintaining our good credit.
2) Daily Cash
- Count and reconcile the till proceeds every morning.
- Follow up on discrepancies and work with staff to correct entry errors.
- Make up the bank deposit and record the deposit journal entry.
- Maintain the petty cash box and ensure enough change is on hand.
3) Accounting for Rentals
- Record sales and track deposits.
- Accounts payable entry and cheque processing.
- Produce monthly financial statements.
- Work with Service Manager to produce annual budget.
4) Independently reconcile General Ledger accounts
- Daily reconciliation of Canadian and US banks
- Reconcile asset and liability accounts and record necessary entries.
- Prepare and maintain monthly working paper files to support financial statements
- Treat all staff employees and customers fairly, courteously, and with dignity.
- Model superior customer service behavior for all service personnel by maintaining positive working relationships within the Administration Department and throughout the organization.
- Be prompt and available for occasional flexible scheduling due to timeframes, events, etc being this is a retail environment open 7 days a week.
- Be honest and fair in all business dealings.
- Demonstrate an interest in developing skill sets and show initiative in improving business processes
- Focus on quality and an independent work ethic while performing as part of a team
- "Own” your position and take pride and responsibility for your work
QUALIFICATION & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Experienced bookkeeper to financial statement.
- Computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills.
- Stress related to meeting deadlines.
- May be required to bend and lift up to 40lbs boxes, files etc.
- Retail environment of our various departments and a service dept. that can be loud at times and exposed to exhaust fumes etc.
- Shared and open office with computer work stations and related equipment.
- Retail environment of our various sales and service departments.
- Store is open 7 days a week. Shift is scheduled Tuesday to Saturday.
Indeed - 17 months ago