Montebello Packaging is a world-class manufacturer of packaging for the pharmaceutical, food, and cosmetic industries. The company is an operating division of The Jim Pattison Group, a $7.3 billion dollar Canadian conglomerate.
Montebello Packaging operates through four facilities in North America with over 420 employees. Located in Hawkesbury, Ontario, the Head Office has an opportunity for a Controller.
1. Manage and responsible for timely, accurate and complete month-end (quarter-end/ year-end) closing, as well as financial reporting process (including account analysis, reconciliation and review). Reporting includes financial statements, management accounts, as well as reporting to Group;
2. Provide leadership and direction to the finance team;
3. Assist Director of Finance with pricing, pricing policy and pricing strategy;
5. Deal with audit queries and requests at year-end, as well as year-end audit preparation and planning;
6. System maintenance, including chart of accounts and linking;
7. Maintenance and improvement of system controls;
8. Assist Director of Finance identify reasons for variances and identify cost and efficiency opportunities;
9. Manage daily bank reconciliation and cash management;
10. Extract and validate various reports for monthly reporting;
11. Review accruals with finance team;
12. Balance intercompany accounts;
13. Foreign currency conversion review;
14. Be a key member of the ERP implementation team. Montebello are in process of implementing an ERP;
15. Assist on other projects as required;
16. Any other duties as requested by the Director of Finance.
1. Chartered accountant, with big 4 audit firm articles required;
2. Manufacturing experience will strengthen application;
3. Minimum three years post article experience required;
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills. A team player;
5. Leadership experience;
6. Strong organizational, planning and time management skills;
7. Advanced experience in Microsoft Excel
Montebello Packaging offers a competitive salary in a stimulating and dynamic environment.